Moved teamspeak3 folder

Hello,
I bought a new drive for my macbook pro server on which my teamspeak3 server was on. So I copied the whole “teamspeak3-server_mac” folder and just pasted it on to the new drive. I then tried to run the usual ./ts3server but the server won’t start anymore.

This is the output I get;

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZTISt18bad_variant_access
Referenced from: /Users/MBPSERVER/Desktop/teamspeak3-server_mac/./ts3server
Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
in /Users/MBPSERVER/Desktop/teamspeak3-server_mac/./ts3server
Abort trap: 6

Does anyone know what the issue is? Maybe it isn’t as easy as just copy/paste the folder to a new drive?

How can I fix this?

Have you followed this Tutorial correctly?

Have you stopped the Server correctly, before you copied your Server to the new hard drive?
If you dont stopped the running Server while copy the ts3server Folder to another drive, then its not supported. Copies will deny to start or will shutdown on their own.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!
I actually found out what the issue was, I had an old MacOS version which TS3-server didn’t support. I updated to the latest OS and the server is working just fine now with all my settings saved.

One question though, In the server terminal I can see “WARNING: Unable to open licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality”.

But the server is working just fine, should I be worried?
Maybe that message is shown becase I’m using a free license and the “limited functionality” is that I can only have 32 slots maximum?

glad that is working now. :slight_smile:

That’s exactly what should happen when you have no license.