Most BBCode is not working on TS5

On the TS I use part of the community is having a unique channel and fancy layout and on TS5 it looks wack!

BB code will not be supported in TeamSpeak 5 client. TeamSpeak 5 uses Markdown.

3 Likes

Hi, bbcode in ts5 chat not working?
Will there be in the future?

BBcodes is not supported by TeamSpeak 5, because TeamSpeak 5 uses Markdown.

4 Likes

Also, BBCode won’t be supported on TS5 even in the future

2 Likes

there ya go

moved by moderator

The description is illegible.

Hello, not correct display of the Welcome window on the beta version.

2 posts were split to a new topic: ) at the end of URL is cut off

Hello,

as of now, the all-new-teamspeak client does not support the following features:

• codes for messages/channel-messages/server messages
  • codes for pokes and host messages (modal popup on join)
  • color & bb codes
  • clientuid url codes

I am reporting this because you already implemented it for channel descriptions but it doesnt work in any other areas. Is this a bug ? This includes color codes, bb codes for bolt and that kind of stuff and also no support for other codes like “[url=client://12/231981209381419jadljkasdjasdkj=]”.

Here few example of it not working:

This includes other codes like clientuid codes [url=client://12/1234567890jadljkasdjasdkj=] to make a clickable name in the chat as a message from a bot for example and also other color and bb codes all message forms. The only place where all of it works is the channel description.

Would be nice if you can just implement it real quick. Or is there a reason why you only implemented it for channel descriptions and ignored everythingt else ? Thank you very much.

Kind regards

BBCode is only supported in chat and channel description.

For the all-new client the codes only work in the channel description and not in any other area!

On my teamspeak 3 client it works literally everywhere. In channel description, channel chat, private chat, global chat, poke, any messages, host modal on-join popups. Everywhere. Why not on the new client ?

I get it… its still in “beta”. But why would they only implement it in the channel description but not the other areas too ?

The issue is i am running a server where bots send messages and on join popups to clients with a lot of codes in it for color, format and client user id’s for a clickable name and on the all-new client it looks like a mess because it doesnt support codes. The ts3 client does support them everywhere. So it just looks like crappy and buggy for people that already use the new client and i dont like that.

Interesting. They could at least implement it for the other areas (channel chats, private messages, global chats, pokes, on-join popup) for the time being until they come up with a new solution or is this not possible? Like this it just looks shitty for people that use the new client and connect to a ts3 server that uses a lot of these codes.

@TS.ChrisR Please enable it for all areas on the new client until you implement a new solution. At least for private messages for bots and on-join popups. And it does not work in chats at all. Only in channel descriptions:

Old Client where it works and is green:

New client same bot message and its not working:

PixelBotNone

It does only work for descriptions of channels.

It is known and intentional that the new client no longer offers support for BBCode. It was kept for channel descriptions for legacy compatibility or something, but IMHO this should also be removed in the future to prevent confusion.

The client does however support Markdown as many other popular chat applications. You can see a list of the supported markdown syntax here.

Color support in markdown was discussed in the past already and will hopefully be implemented in the standard MD way through HTML tags.

1 Like

Okay. thank you for letting me know. I was not aware of markdown support. But the new markdown method does not work on the old client right? As i said, some people that use my server join with the new client and some with the old client. I need a method that works on both clients so it looks good and not messy on one of the clients.

I get it. The old method might be outdated and not wanted anymore but there should be something that works on both clients given that they need years for development and people can use both clients right now.

Do you know a way how i can do that ? And does the markdown method support client user id links so it makes a clickable name in the chat ?

moved by moderator. It has nothing to do with beta77.

I thank the team for all the work, the TS5 is incredible!

I have a small viewing problem that didn’t happen in TS3. If you could kindly check, or if you know any way to improve the visualization for both the T3 and the TS5.

I’m using Linux (ubuntu 24.04 developer) with version TS 5.0.0 beta77(flatpak version), if there is any library to install that would help.

The visualization is completely broken using [table] … [tr] … [td] … whereas in ts3 everything works perfectly.

Ahh I understand perfectly, TS5 does not support BBCode… So in that case, I would have to change the style to “Markdown”…

But, does TS3 support “Markdown”…? Because if TS3 does not support Markdown it will be extremely difficult to make this transgression…

Thousands of users use TS3 and thousands more will use TS5 soon… How will you resolve this situation?

It would be easier to implement an update to TS3 with Markdown support and gradually release TS5 so that people can already configure chats, etc.

1 Like