Official TeamSpeak Bot?

Is there maybe a possibility to get TeamSpeak Bots from Teamspeak itself in the future?
I know there are many out there but not a official one from TeamSpeak itself :frowning:

8 Likes

Hello I heard that the project was well on their roadmap

1 Like

I would not use official bot cuz I got my own botes.

1 Like

Different Bots, for example giving users who are active special rights, moving users who are mutet in a selected channel and so on.

2 Likes

Yes, but there will be a option in the future where you can get your own TeamSpeak Server from TeamSpeak itself. And it would be really nice if we can get Bots too.

1 Like

I really don’t see why you would need an official bot.

Provide a well-designed API (not a weird query interface that you need to invent your own parser for) and the community will create those while the company can focus on improving the core software.

The query interface is dated and while it can be scripted, it’s not the easiest thing to develop against. I’d like to see something that uses up to date standards.

5 Likes

Yes, a official bot is nice but the api for the very own bot is very nice.
If you search a bot with a lot of features, i recommend the SinusBot

6 Likes

I hope, it would be nice.

1 Like

Sinusbot = :heart:

6 Likes

Sinus bot is too bad to use it but this is ur choice.

3 Likes

Huh?

I agree with you a 100% that an official bot is uncessary, but how is the query interface complicated? There’s literally classes for every single language(almost) that you would like to develop apps for TeamSpeak3 in.

2 Likes

I shouldn’t have to rely on 3rd party libraries which are merely wrappers for an interface which doesn’t speak any of the standard data exchange formats.

Those 3rd party libs could cease to exist any day and they add to complexity as the popular ones add a ton of functionality which may not be required for every use case.

This could be easily avoided by adding an actual API. The query interface is not an API. It’s a command line interface which can be scripted if one is willing to go through the hassle of building a custom parser or using a 3rd party one and hoping that it handles the sometimes quirky responses well.

3 Likes

Then write a wrapper yourself and stop complaining. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The TeamSpeak Bot from Splamy is not bad, maybe TeamSpeak could sit down with Splamy and make something out of it :smile:

3 Likes

I agree, a more open ended Headless non Query Client would be a really great in order to be able to communicate with other clients.

Especially in order to somehow distinguish a Bot client with a real client (some other name styling whatever) For example Bots could then be able to create Telegram like interaction Buttons in order to more simply communicate with other clients and aswell maybe play sounds through them without the need of a full gui interface running in the background

1 Like

Meinst du vielleicht den Sinusbot? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That´s not how it works! For TeamSpeak to grow again they need to make a ton of things much less complicated so the average user can make use of these features too without the need of “learning” some more advanced stuff like scripting.

4 Likes

Well, if there was a platform where you could create bots that the rest of the community can offer then it doesn’t seem like a bad idea. Or at least the presence of an official API to be used.

4 Likes

Bester Bot Ăźberhaupt :+1:

3 Likes

If you can’t learn the hard way then maybe you shouldn’t be touching it in the first place.

I am all for a new Query system or API style interface to make it more accessible, but simply the inability of a developer to code something should not be a justification.

3 Likes