Please remove IP2Location from your GEO location Database

Every IP address gets tracerouted and checked twice as well. It’s verifyable as far the probs can proof it, where the real (physical) location can be.

But sadly, the IP address location service «IP2Location» refuse any requests or updates.

I think you misunderstand. Do you have specific examples of wrong IPs?

This whole thread, since the beginning has not one example of a wrong IP.

I’ve to say this quickly…
What in the hell do you want to start with an “example IP”?

There’s no example! It’s a general problem. And I cannot share any IP-addresses with you.

I got an IP-Address from a server, which is located somewhere in Germany. Let’s say, that I use the server (and its IP address) on the serverlist, so it should show-up the server directly. But SADLY, the server is wrongly located somewhere in Austria, Netherlands or also in the USA which is mainly not correct.

And when the country is displayed wrong, then I cannot push the server up into the correct server-list filter. My goal is, to show the server up in any DEFAULT serverlist configurations.

When I was fully into this topic, I also had some IP addresses which were located in the USA (DELLAS) for any reasons. I’m not sure if it’s fixed — but I don’t think so, since nobody has reported the addresses.

And there’s another question, which I’m going to ask you a few month’s later as you see…
Why do you care so much for this topic? Why do you see this so critical? It honestly seems like, that this topic is very important for you.

Do you have any «business» in the serverlist or IP addresses which take place in TeamSpeak because of miserable locations? This whole database from IP2LOCATION is already messed up, and also abused since many years. I’ve got no idea, why there’s no database change.

It’s good, that we can choose our own databases in the TeamSpeak SERVER, but sadly still not in the WEBLIST. This should be replaced directly, with no comeback.

Why don’t you share with us your server name or IP address? So that we can see the problem here?

You need to give us proof for what you have claimed so far. No one here is going to give you any benefit of doubts.

Why not? If it’s a “general” problem, there should be at least some IPs which are wrongly assigned. If you can’t give examples, then this issue simply does not exist, as nobody can verify (or fix?) it.

Huh? You wrote 20 posts in this thread. You even wrote the first post 2 minutes after the thread opener started this thread. You seem to care very much.
I don’t, what I do care about is giving proof when somebody claims something.

1 Like

The issue that IP can not be updated that easily with given ip2location is true. But the Drama around that is way to big… Closed the topic.

There is a solution offered for those who do not want to use ip2location.
Our existing web list still does use it and we won’t change it.

Ps does not mean that we don’t have plans with that for the future. But for now there is nothing more to say for public.

5 Likes