So we all loved the new roadmap for the development of upcoming features
The roadmap is divided into few stages like Coming Soon, In Progress, Next Up.
But what I found missing was a deadline or timeline set for each part.
I am pretty sure the deadlines have been set internally for these features but we would love to know how many weeks/months of deadline has been set for these features.
I believe this feature would bring in some more appreciation for your work.
It’s fine how it is.
Visible deadlines is only more time pressure for the developers.
Imagine they cannot bring upcoming features until the appointed release-date.
Only more complaints would come in. The roadmap just show what is already being worked on and not, so the community know which of their suggestion is already in.
Hey, is the TS5 Trello no longer being maintained/updated?
Last update documented was beta.25 almost a full year ago, so it would be nice to have a centralised and up to date place to see what’s in the pipeline.
im enjoying the new TeamSpeak and im using it for a long time now. I dont want to use older versions like 3.5.X for several reasons. I dont like them so much. The last good version was 3.3.2. I just cant work with any version above 3.3.2
Whatever im using the new TeamSpeak for several months now and iTS awesome.no complains there. But im curious when they implement the file manager for channels. I need that and dont want to download a old 3.3.2 version from a third-party website that i cant trust. Is there a timeline or a list of ToDo’s or with ETA’s for features and future plans and what we can expect from the new TeamSpeak development in the future ? I saw a big timeline of ToDo’s and what we can expect for the future a long time ago but i have no idea where i can find it again. Thanks in advance for any info
Is there a roadmap or anywhere to go to follow along with the development of TS6? I go through the forums but I’m curious if there is a centralized area with what is currently being worked on/prioritized?
After Discord’s announcement, my group of friends and I, like many others, fled from there and found a new home on TeamSpeak. The internet, and Reddit in particular, is full of posts like this and TeamSpeak is often mentioned, at least for now, as a good alternative. Two things stand out here:
A self-hosted server is free up to 32 slots. I think that’s great at first, but for many users with large communities that’s not enough.
Because of that, and also out of general interest, since TS6 is still in beta:
Is there a roadmap anywhere, or at least some outlook on a finished version?
Which features are planned, and where is this heading overall? More slots for self-hosted servers?
We’re all in a phase of upheaval right now that I’d argue most people have never experienced in this form before. Over the years Discord became established, users got used to how things work and most of the time it just.. well, it worked. Now we’re all searching again from scratch, and I think TeamSpeak would be doing itself a huge favor if they came forward now with transparency and some kind of roadmap. The opportunity to catch users, and especially large communities coming from Discord is unique, and likely (+ hopefully) won’t happen a second time in the same way.
Well yeah, the last post on X is 4 months old, beta8 hasn’t even been named. I’m sure at least something happened in that time? At least there is a announcement here in the community.
What I mean is: the people leaving discord are looking right now, with a little bit of transpareny and showing you care it would be a lot easier to get those people to using TeamSpeak I guess? Giving the people something to actually get hyped for or look forward to, like some features known and actually required by some in order to choose TeamSpeak instead of a competitor.
Of course I’m happy that we are where we are right now and that my friends accepted TeamSpeak instead of Discord. It’s just that I think there is a huge possibility to grow by what Discord did wrong. Just my two cents.
I can totally understand your frustration. Unfortunately, communication has never been a strong point here.
In any case, work is continuing behind the scenes and things are happening. But I can’t tell you any more than what is being teased on Twitter and here in the forum.