Side Panel of TS5 hide? How?

Hello, im using ts5 now for about 30 Minutes, set it up on my 2nd Screen and its weird. Just like the Chat window now on the right side, ok. I can deal with it. The middle Window of the Server with Channels and Users. Ok. But the Left Side Panel. No. It should be Possible to hide it, or like make it small so you still can see if you got a messages.

Maybe there is a way to hide it, but i not find it. Almost I uploaded a Pic, with the Red Market Area :slight_smile: So you can understand my Problem better.

I Hope you can just make TS5 more customize :slight_smile:

best greetings
HazeBaze

11 Likes

Yeah, I think that too. Nice suggestion.
Move the post into Suggestions and Feedback

3 Likes

+1 I find this very frustrating and would improve UI a lot.

3 Likes

+1
Very annoying, especially if you have the client on half screen width you do not see the channel list but instead the chat and this serverlist which is the least useful view.
You could make use of the top bar and put the currently connected servers as a badge there if the serverlist is hidden.

1 Like

It’s not that annoying after you use it for a while, at least for me. How it’s annoying to you on FHD or larger screens?

And before you ask, I have even smaller secondary screen (1280x1024, main is FHD, but it’s for browser/text/graphics/games. TS goes on that small one.) and everything is quite nice, but…

…yeah, it might be a good idea to be able to shrink that side panel even just a little bit, but it’s not something necessary right now.

Why would you use teamspeak in fullscreen? 99% of time the only information you need is the channel list. I assume most of ts3 users place the client on the second screen about a third or half of the second screen beside music/browser ect.

2 Likes

mine ts3 windows uses only about 1/3 and smaller because the chat area was on the bottom side.
now its on the right side, so the window i need to place a little bit bigger.

If it will be the option to reduce the left area like at Discord, to see only the Chat Icons, that would be fine :slight_smile:

Normally my complete seconds screen is pumped up with Spotify and Whatsapp (middle, the area under telegram) at the same Positioning, telegram are the blue one, the steam friends at the left corner and if anybody write me in steam left upper corner the chat windows

2 Likes

+1
Also agree with OP. Would love for more customization to come to the interface :slight_smile:
Might mention it in another post but also cannot close to taskbar like we used to :cry:

2 Likes

alternative:
let us undock the chat or move it to the top or bottom of the window. i have a lot of unused vertical space.

1 Like

So this is the first thing that bothered me when I first used the new client. I feel like the left side bar is designed more for power users than casual users which means most people will end up using just a fraction of the features it provides.

I would suggest either a toggle to hide the bar completely or introduce a collapsed view that narrows the bar down to a few icons that indicate active elements such as the servers you’re connected with and open chats, clicking on it should navigate to that element in the main frame. Obviously there should be a buttom to open the current view of the side bar in order to manage and connect to other servers / clients.

I think the side bar - in it’s current state - redirects a lot of the users attention to (most of the time) unimportant (and hard to read) information.

Just my few cents on this topic.

1 Like