TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.5.0

The Problem is that TeamSpeak directly crash on startup.

Bring back an older version doesn’t really solve the problem. But i think i know your issue.
In case you plugins installed disable them all. The api version has been upgraded from 23 to 24.
So probably one of your plugins causes the issue. Try this and let me know.

1 Like

As stated here:

regardless of API version 23 or 24, plugins should work.

But as @Alligatoras mentioned, try disabling/uninstalling plugins. If you’re unable to start TeamSpeak 3 Client, go to (at least on Windows) to:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\plugins

and delete every plugin you’ve installed, both .dlls and folders. Do not delete plugins which are bundled with your TeamSpeak Client (ClientQuery “clientquery_plugin_win64.dll”, Gamepad and Joystick Hotkey Support “gamepad_joystick_win64.dll”, Control “teamspeak_control_plugin_win64.dll” and folders with these names)

These names might be different on 32-bit/x86 architecture(32-bit == x86).

In case you don’t know how to access C:\Users\username\AppData, simply press Win+R and in there type %appdata% and press Enter. Voila!

Hope this helps. and if not, no idea…

1 Like

I have never installed any plugin so I dont think that it can be my problem :frowning:

PS: Thanks for your help

Then maybe try updating your OS…

Literally, no other idea…

Or… …uninstall Client, update OS, reboot your computer and then install Client once more…

1 Like

right, it doesnt solve but teamspeak works after them :wink:

Disabling and cleaning the directory doesnt help :smiley:

The Error MSG on Crash-Report means some else…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Invalid according to Policy: Policy expired.</Message><RequestId>79A412F61C6B91CF</RequestId>

maybe ? :smiley:

But my working solution is to clear the cache of %appdata%\TS3Client\cache

regards,
Cpt.

1 Like

seriously?

Yes. Seriously.

Sometimes rebooting makes reinstalling flawless, cause you’re kinda wiping System Memory.

At least it’s worth a try… If you haven’t tried it, of course…

2 Likes

its allrdy running without. But thanks for your advice

Today one of my friend’s volume was fluctuating wildly and we couldn’t figure out why. After some time we realized he had updated to 3.5, which update moved the automatic voice gain control from the capture setting tab to the playback tab.
This meant that he can hear us just fine, but we have no way of turning his AGC on. This is obviously an oversight and a big backwards compatibility problem. If it had not been replaced with a different button that I hadn’t noticed.

Ever since the announcement of Teamspeak 5, ts3 had been losing functionality, starting with the removal of the CELT codec. I hope this trend doesn’t continue as I have no intention of upgrading to the new software and I want to keep on team speaking in the 3rd.

2 Likes

The thing is that you and your friends should update your client and not stay on outdated version. This will eliminate problem.

Additionally, as you wrote about CELT… It was outdated long time ago and ditching it was a good choice. As well as ditching other outdated codecs. Opus is sooo much better, especially Opus Music.

In conclusion, please update your client. You will benefit from this, especially when you will be forced to update your server.

3 Likes

I totally agree with @_ニャー_3 here!
However I really do not like that there is no AGC in recording anymore!
It’s great for music bots etc…
I see why it got moved and how it helps in general but maybe there could be a permission that disables AGC for that client no matter the others settings.
Let’s say there was an option
b_client_ignore_agc and you could set it to 1 for all your musicbots.
I think this would be a great solution.
Though I don’t think it will ever be implemented.

6 Likes

Its all said in the title, please help!

Have them try tweaking their capture settings & check your playback settings too.

yes this is the new update it is completely broken must remove it ‘Automatic voice volume leveling’

3 Likes

HOPE THEY FIX IT FAST! it is so annoying

1 Like

Hi there,
so like an hour ago me and my friend updatet to the new 3.5 version of TS3 and instantly after joining the server again realized, that the sound quality got WAY worse. We both tried around with the new settings, but didnt get any decent results so far, so we reverted back to the old 3.3.2, and the sound was fine again. Are these issues there for everyone else or is it just our inability to tweak the settings right?
Would be nice to know if anyone else has noticed a drop in quality.
Kind regards and thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I merged all the discussions for this release into this release thread.

I try to explain what you experience now in this update.

Yes we made changed how audio behaves.
We already did this in TeamSpeak client version 5 or TS 3.5.0 and got the same feedback where the TS3 3.3.2 client could not hear users with newer versions as loud as before.

In older client there was no AGC (Automatic Gain Control) in playback. It was in Capture instead and the client raised or lowered the captured audio before it was send to the server.
The problem here was that there was no way to put each user your here to same loudness. So you had to adjust each user’s volume manually when he did not setup his microphone correctly or had a bad one.

So we moved that feature into playback of audio instead and made that possible. So any audio you get now get’s raised or lowered instead to get everyone on the audio volume you did set in the client.
Yes this can also have an effect on the quality of the speaking user when his volume from the microphone is way to low in his settings.

Now when there is still a user who hasn’t updated yet to TS 3.5 then he will hear you as you did send it to the server without the client modifying your volume.

For music bots we have an idea how to solve this in an client update.

You can temporary disable AGC in case you don’t talk to other users.
Your audio experience will get worse when others speak to you.

8 Likes

Version 3.5.0 crashes instantly on Linux with a Segmentation Fault. I tried submitting the error report, but the error reporter always tells me that the policy is expired or something. Please fix this, I’ve been using TeamSpeak for many years on Linux and I would hate it, if this was the end of proper Linux support. As of right now, I’ve downgraded to 3.3.2, which works perfectly.

Same here man