TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.5.0

okay its really useless, Teamspeak was very good like that since AGC its become anything people’s sounds are either very very loud or very very low out with the old version no problem with the audio so AGC destroys Teamspeak audio.

1 Like

does anyone know how to fix Error: 201

Version 3.5.0 is simply a complete disaster. Developer what did you do with the sound quality? That sounds like a rat is on the line. First installed 3.3.2 again. Repairs the shit, quickly.

2 Likes

NVM i just reinstalled the old update

Why did you make this that if you cant give some server groups they disappear from server group menu, now every TS3 owner/technician needs to rework server groups :smiley:. And the text goes on server groups icons, please fix this. For now i need to use older teamspeak 3 version, thanks <3

How it looks:

How it should looks:

So the new update seems to make users sound better, not sure why as the changelog didn’t list anything about it. Edit: I read the above posts :wink:

Also, anyone having issues setting channels to anything other than Opus

To me it seemed to get better when every client on the server was on 3.5.0
for anyone on other versions the results were a bit weird

As to your statement (the one you haven’t stroke), please do not use anything but Opus. Other codecs are out of date and were ditched some time ago.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply
I am aware Opus is best, but I was switching codecs just to compare and whilst the other options are viable they can’t be set. I think it might be a bug

the same here. pretty default Win 10 1909 installation. After update to new 3.5 or reinstalling to 3.5, I couldn’t figure out how to start the client. It instantly crashes.

cleaning the cache folder solved it also for me.

This is not a bug. Well, kinda :confused: It’s an oversight to be precise.

Whilst other codecs are in client (somewhat, probably because Devs haven’t deleted text related to them), server wise there are only Opus Voice and Opus Music codecs. As I stated above, CELT and Speex were ditched cause they’re out of date for today’s standards.

Edit:
Or maybe they haven’t deleted these text just because there always could be some server not upgraded to latest version which still uses CELT/Speex… I would bet that than the other.

1 Like

Hi guys, can anybody tell me the build number of this?

I want to force all my server visitors to update to 3.5.0 because if everybody is on the new client, the audio volume issues are gone.

I tried converting 3.5.0 (19.03.2020 10:37:41) to the UNIX timestamp with https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php and got 1584614261.

Then I serveredit b_virtualserver_modify_min_client_version=1584614261 however on reconnect there will be no prompt to update the client.

After the serveredit command it get a error id=0 msg=ok response.

Anybody knows what I’m doing wrong?

The Timestamp should be 1584610661, because the date in the ui shows it with your +1 hour correction. The Server uses the timestamp from UTC

2 Likes

Thx, I just realized this as well, I have just used https://www.unixtime.de/ to convert it again and now it gave me 1584610661 which is 09:37:41 - so I figured it has something to do with timezones.

Thanks for the quick reply!

why? its better now… we dont rework our groups :smiley: its unnecessary.
our team like the new Improved client context menu :slight_smile:

just read what ts.chris wrote…
by the way i dont have any problem with the sound

I partially agree with you. The groups you can’t give there were i guess to separate the type of groups. (Staff / User ranks, game icons etc). Maybe they will change it back, who knows.

About the icons showing stick’d in the group name it’s probably something on your client’s theme. I don’t have an issue on this.

1 Like

Client crash

Anyone who is has a crash on start please try start parameter -safemode . This will disable plugins and the client may be usable again. Now you can remove 3rd party plugins and maybe the client won’t crash when you remove the parameter again.

On Windows make a right-click on the shortcut you usually would use to start the client and then select properties. Then add the parameter as shown.

Linux/Windows users can add this parameter into the console in case they start the client that way.

Crash dump

Please upload your crash dump somewhere and send it into this thread.

On Windows you will find the crash report under following path on your hard drive

%appdata%/TS3client/crashdumps

On Linux the crashdumps folder is located in home/.ts3client

Groups not shown

Mostly only a hand of your users are Admins and able to do anything with Groups. The rest of your users only will see a big context menu with something they can not even do anything there.

Group name overlap icons

We will look into the Issue with the context menu.
Does this also happen when you set the Default Theme?

Codecs still listed in channel editor

AFAIK (not 100% sure)
The reason is that there are still users with older server where the codecs still set and the menu would broke when their where not listed.

Min client version

Yep it’s 1584610661

Did i miss something since my last reply?

3 Likes

I just updated to the newest version of Teamspeak (3.5.0) . Due to the patch notes I decided to head into the settings and see what all changed.

I have historically had to adjust my volume levels so that people can hear me properly. I typically use voice activation with a volume gate.

I’m not sure what has changed, but now when I select the “Begin Test” button under the Capture tab of the Options, it starts out sounding just fine, but the longer I talk the louder it gets until the sound is literally blowing out my headset and reverberating back through my own microphone creating a loop and I have to mute my my headset.

Turning on the various echo cancellation and background noise reductions has no affect on this.

I have tried reinstalling the client multiple times, tried deleting my configurations, and tried switching capture modes and all of them are doing the same thing.

Upon starting the test in the capture menu, Voice sounds fine for the first 3 seconds or so, and then starts steadily increasing the volume of my mic until you can’t even actually tell what I’m saying because of how loud it is.

Please help!

I’m afraid to jump into one of my saved channels for fear of making all of my friends deaf when my mic plays at 10,000% volume!

3 Likes

Just Automatic Gain Control was moved from recording to playback, as seen here: TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.5.0

Tell your friends to update to latest version to remove this inconvenience.
Then test what’s going on, if they hear you the way you hear yourself.

1 Like