TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.6.0

@toster234

Maybe you can try it with this: GitHub - tastydev/ts3client-pluginsdk at patch-1

The new API version is mainly because plugins need to be compiled against the newer version of Qt used.
Tha API itself has (apparently) not changed since version 24. But since the last release was for 23 you need to use the repo itself.

2 Likes

After going back to 3.5.6 when I first ran into this problem, I also reactivated the master password.
This means I had the master password from 3.5.6, then yesterday the update was shown and I chose to update (of course). I cannot login with 3.6.0, so something is not working with the encryption of my (3.5.6) master password, and going back to 3.5.6 is not possible either… (while I understand why going back might not be possible, the situation now seems to be worse than in the beta).

Best regards

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ts3 3.6.0 addons incompatible

A post was merged into an existing topic: 3.6.0 – Sound peaking problem

Since the update to version 3.6.0, I and at least one other person I know see their own badges, but other users do not see them. Only when you manually save the badges again in the settings are they visible to other users. Do you know anything about this?

We believe that you have a problem with the master password.

But following doesn’t fit.

This can’t be the case because the beta 3.6.0 you had (from may 11th) before did not work with password from 3.5.6.

But if you had the beta 3.6.0 (from June 13) then the master password from 3.5.6 should work . Same as in this stable release.

I know these releases may confuse a bit but we believe the password was set in the 3.6.0 from may.
Could that be?

Solved

With a workaround during the Beta from May the master password would not work with latest stable.
When password was set in 3.5.x and client was updated to 3.6.0 this issue can not be reproduced.

1 Like

Had not experienced such issue with my clients so far.
Do you still client log where this happened (i mean the one before you saved them again).
Should be the first client log starting with client 3.6.0.

1 Like

I have the log files, but there are no errors or other entries about myTS/Badges. Are you looking for something specific?

But I have found out one thing: The problem only occurs with servers that have auto connect activated when TeamSpeak starts.
If the connection to a server is established quickly at launch, the badges are missing.
If the connection takes a few seconds at launch, the badges are there.
Perhaps a problem with the introduction of the new myTS push service?
disconnected from push system can be found in the log before the connection to a server where auto connect is activated and the connection only takes a short time.

I reactivated the master password on the version I was using until this Monday (whichever it was, any way I can check this?).

I also remember the workaround to get to beta 3.6.0 in May: “Workaround: Disable master password in 3.5.6, update to 3.6.0, enable master password.” That’s what I did at the time.

But I thought I had gone back to 3.5.6, because I wanted to be able to test the update again later when you bring up a new release.

That’s it. I can reproduce this that way.
Thank you.

By checking the logs and the client version in it. But you must remember when you did set the master password.

3 Likes

Which logs should I check?
%AppData%\TS3Client\logs is empty.

moved by moderator.

Like many others with the new update, TS keeps crashing immediately after trying to open it on Mac.

I have also tried downgrading back to 3.5.6, but that crashes now immediately, too. So I basically can’t use TS at all on my Mac. I don’t know what to do, but this is so aggravating.

Here’s the most recent log from my last attempt to open TS:

==================================================================================================================================

2023-06-22 11:47:45.835295|INFO    |              |   |TeamSpeak Client 3.6.0 (2023-06-14 13:36:04)
2023-06-22 11:47:45.835508|INFO    |              |   |SystemInformation: Darwin 22.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 22.5.0: Mon Apr 24 20:52:24 PDT 2023; root:xnu-8796.121.2~5/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
2023-06-22 11:47:46.472864|DEBUG   |SoundDevManager|   |Error resolving soundbackends folder (/Applications/TeamSpeak 3 Client.app/Contents/SharedSupport/soundbackends): No such file or directory
2023-06-22 11:47:46.546776|INFO    |ClientUI      |   |OpenGL Info: LibGL, Vendor: Apple, Renderer: Apple M1 Max, Version: 4.1 Metal - 83.1
2023-06-22 11:47:46.547264|ERROR   |RevocationListCache|   |Failed to import revocation list from cache
2023-06-22 11:47:46.629330|INFO    |Addons        |   |Checking for addon updates...
2023-06-22 11:47:46.730480|INFO    |SyncImpl      |   |Creating default config in local storage

@dsirota @iL.Whesley

You may use the old beta 3.5.7 to get around that crash till we can offer any fixed version.
TeamSpeak3-Client-macosx-3.5.7.dmg

Original topic to that issue

1 Like

Yes, doing so for a year now. That’s the only stable version for Mac. :disappointed:

Thank you, just downloaded and so far is functioning.

So I updated my teamspeak to v3.6.0 and now when ever i go to launch team speak it keep crashing. Unsure of what is going on. Would like a fix for this. To me v3.6.0 is an unstable build

@Hunterkiller599

Please read that

2 Likes

We are having problems with 3.6.0 windows x64 client on Windows 10 OS on about half of our teams’ laptops. The symptoms are as follows:

1. After moving from waiting room to an active channel, CPU utilization of the ts3client_win64.exe task goes through the roof. Essentially soaking up all available CPU. This manifests as >50% cpu busy when typically this task uses single digits CPU.

2. When this problem surfaces, the GUI operates in a sluggish manner and audio is broken up and delayed. When the GUI is closed, it takes a minute or two for it to leave the screen. However, the task itself remains alive and cannot be shut down gracefully. To get rid of the task it must be terminated using “end task” option of task manager.

3. Subsequent uninstall and install of 3.6.0 experience the same issues.

4. backing out to 3.5.6 restores normal functionality in all use cases.

I reviewed earlier posts where TS3 3.6.0 client was observed to crash (when echo cancellation was active.) It appears that the installations which have “echo cancellation” active are the only ones exhibiting high CPU (or crashing).

So this high cpu observation appears to be related to this earlier reported crash problem.

I also noticed the CPU consumption is more aggressive once the user is moved into a channel with active conversation.

Thank you.