TeamSpeak 5.0.0-beta39

A new beta was released. The goal of that one is to replace beta 38 :upside_down_face:

The Channel Commander is back and you now can un/ban users from public rooms.

• Add ban from public chat rooms
  • Add channel commander feature
  • Overhaul chat presence system
  • Add ability to assign permission groups to client via client info view
  • Multiple minor fixes

Constructive feedback is welcome :+1:

___ Notes___

• It could be that contacts with old beta will show you a wrong state but this will fix itself when they update.
  • We allow ourself to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.
  • We suggest to place wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads instead of the release thread. This one will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion will be lost.
19 Likes

I think that not only me, but the whole community would prefer Channel Commander to be the old fashioned way. That is, the good old orange/yellow ball by default and then the option “Show channel commander as lamp”.

Cheers

6 Likes

Thanks for this update! Good job :blue_heart: :fire:

We suggest to place wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads instead of the release thread.

Are you still looking at suggestions/feature requests in the wishlist? As well as following the roadmap?

Because if it’s to difficult for TeamSpeak staff to keep up with request because of comments or the list is long, I suggested in the past to implement a platform for voting for feature requests, much like how Discord has it.

That way users can vote for their favorite feature and its easy for TeamSpeak staff to follow!

The TeamSpeak Staff is the most time busy, but they work hard and read everything here in the Forum.

1 Like

Nice update

Next beta update will have the lamp for channel commander back and is default active.
And the option to choose the icon or lamp will added (not whole community preferred the lamp in the past).

9 Likes

Love checking back here once in a bit to see the progress… which is adding back TS3 features… and also going back to the old logo I see at the top?

Back in Sept. you said

“we’re almost ready to launch the next phase of our beta program and give you access to all of the cool things we’ve prepared in the last months.”

Why can’t you just tell us the cool things, have you already shown them or are we still waiting for these? The more we use your competitor now the less chance communities like us will even want to switch back regardless of what you show.

1 Like