Hey ho everyone!
Today we released version beta 61 into your closed beta channel.
This update adds the
Icon Manager into the client.
A guide for the feature can be found below the change log and known section.
5.0.0-beta61.1 * Fixed not being able to edit some channel properties 5.0.0-beta61 * Added ability to upload, view, delete and assign icons * Fixed context menu not opening in some situations * Fixed renaming yourself to an already used nickname not giving an error * Fixed some icons not being displayed in the UI * Fixed channel icons not being displayed in the info view * Fixed a potential issue setting some permissions * Fixed context menu remaining open after deleting a channel
- Server group and channel group icons can’t be removed yet.
- Server icon is still shown when the icon was removed (this is an old issue)
- Server name does change to custom bookmark name when an server icon was set or removed (this is an old issue)
Let us give you some details that may become handy for the icon manager
When you have the permission to manage icons (b_icon_manage) then you now have the ability to set server, client, group and channel icons or to upload and delete icons.
Uploading will only work in case you have the permissions and file transfer is enabled in general on your server.
You can find the main
Icon Managerin the server info by clicking the icon that looks like a picture frame.
There also smaller versions of Icon Manager available when you set a client or channel icon as an example.
In the main
Icon Manageryou have following functions
- Upload icons . This one will appear in all dialogs where you can set an icon.
- Set the icon for the server, channel, channel groups, server groups with a right click on target icon.
- Set the client icon (only for those clients you see in the server tree) with a right click on target icon. You will get a list with these clients.
- Remove the current server icon. The icon appears on top when there is an icon set
- Delete the icon you clicked with right mouse button.
Client icons for all userscan be set or removed In the client list .
- Do a right click on target client and select “Choose Client Icon”.
- The removes the icon from client
Channel iconscan be set or removed in the channel edit dialog (clicking the pen on top)
In there you will find another pen on the big hexagon icon.
They will only apply by pressing the apply button on top
Notes for this thread
- Feedback as per always is welcome in this thread . Issues that are not related to this update belong to it’s own thread.
- We suggest to place your wishes for upcoming releases in existing or new threads in the suggestion area instead of the release thread. We mention this because each update post will be closed after some days and the wish or suggestion could be lost.
- We allow ourselves to delete all the off-topic posts from this thread.