TeamSpeak 5 - plans 2024?

Hello TeamSpeak Staff,
we would be glad after years of TS5 developing if you would be honest with us. One year ago you posted that goal for 2023 is screenshare, and there were not many updates. I’m afraid that you will post one day that you will stop developing TeamSpeak. And don’t get me wrong, I’m huge fan of TS and I’ve been using it for more than 15 years.

What’s the situation around TS5 project? I was happy when there was priority list with suggestions, but everything disappeared and staff doesn’t answer about new features.

I hope that you have resources and this project will be back on track.

All the best to the staff & community in 2024!

15 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s going to be much progress made in 2024 either. The TS5 client so far seems to be just a reskin of TS3 with not really any additional features. Made to look like discord just without any of its functionality. As you said, absolutely no comments on the dev side about the progress of screenshare doesn’t really give me too much hope either. And it’s really a shame, they could re-capture a good chunk of the market if they would offer a bit of what makes discord so successful: Text-only channels with a solid chat functionality, screenshare and a solid and easy to use bot integration. This combined with the superior audio quality of TS and the fact that it can be self hosted would surely convince many who are concerned about privacy to switch from discord. But sadly it seems that the people behind TeamSpeak are either oblivious to that or incapable of doing so. Well for now I guess there’s not much more for a lot of us than just to wait and see, maybe they have a massive surprise up their sleeves. I wouldn’t count on it though.

8 Likes

What about the promises of 2022/2023? Will there be a screen sharing feature?

What about the TS Chat app, will it be reinstated or discontinued?

What does the future of TeamSpeak look like?

Can we expect updates or will TeamSpeak be discontinued?

Greetings and happy new year, Jaxn.

8 Likes

@TS.ChrisR may we get some official answer on it? I was really optimistic since there was timeline and priority list of features. The biggest red flag was TS Chat app on iOS, when I installed it, I realized that they lack of dev. team. It looked worse than student’s exam work. I don’t want to be pesmistic but TS5 UI should be already redesigned it’s obsolete.

Why don’t you simply invest into good programmers & UX designers, idea of TeamSpeak is amazing and have many advantages if I compare it with similar programs. I would be really disappointed / sad if this project would shutdown.

Thank you.

12 Likes

Any update on this? Really any statement like you guys are dealing internal issues or are still working on it would work. I was kind of hoping to see something about the plans for 2024 or at least hear some updates about the progress.

6 Likes

Please provide screenshare in 2024! Any roadmap for this year or better yet a surprise release of features would be great. :grinning:

1 Like

moved by moderator

Or is there still someone working?
I can’t find any update since years.

2 Likes

Years??? :face_with_monocle:

There are beta versions and there is development.

7 Likes

Yes, for years.
There is no release date since years. Nothing about the server.
Try to search for news on the web. There is complete silence.

Ok, seems you are working on the client. Thx for the announcement.
Didn’t even notice that the beta client is already available to the public.
What took you so long?
I mean, every dot is already on a discord server. Where is TeamSpeak?

3 Likes

It has been a long time since we heard anything about the teamspeak homebase project. Im sure there are a lot of people who are curious about the status on that. I think the last time we heard about that was Sept 22. I really wonder if that will ever materialize as i imagine making a matrix platform is hard since GitHub - matrix-org/dendrite: Dendrite is a second-generation Matrix homeserver written in Go! has been in progress for years and years at this point and synapse is a huge monster of a project. I wonder how homebase will be different from these, or use these? Anyway, I know all everyone wants to hear is “screenshare when???” which i imagine makes the teamspeak staff a bit hesitant to say anything about anything else.

Can we expect some kind of roadmap for 2024 for UI and backend? I just wanna know whats going on :smiley:

3 Likes

First I would like to clear up, I’m the guy who doesn’t want to switch to another program, because of screenshare and stuff like that. I’ve been using TS for more than 15 years.

I remember that someone of TeamSpeak staff posted in february or march 2023 that there will be soon more news about screenshare, and then nothing happened.

Psychologically is bad if you hype something and nothing happens. I’m first guy who will say GJ TeamSpeak team, when there will be update with some major updates.

After more than 4 years of development I think progress should be faster, but doesn’t matter if is slow. Everyone would feel better if there would be some timeline or something that would give us hope that program will have screenshare one day.

I don’t know what’s happening in development, personally I would be happy with answer that you say that screenshare development is on hold or is planned to be released before summer 2024.

6 Likes

You are kidding, right?
How many years is this beta phase gonna take?

3 Likes

Does the teamspeak staff have a public trello board we can have a look at to see what is being worked on in a high level?

5 Likes

They used to, but not anymore unfortunately.

3 Likes

@TS.ChrisR will be there any official answer about screen share & video calls related questions?

2 Likes

Do not expect screen sharing or video calls while inside a server, until there is a TeamSpeak 5 server do not expect new features under ts3server.