TeamSpeak Client - Checking in with everyone

I haven’t missed this as I haven’t included the individual wishlist requests in to this yet, however will be part of phase 2 of this post :slight_smile:

Step 1 was more to double check if anyone has had a change of heart since their initial thoughts (On the forum alone we have suggestions since January 2020) so I thought it would be wise to check this.

5 Likes

Sorry I was thinking about TS5. TS3 not exists for me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would love the ability download your entire server configuration within the application instead of getting 3rd party tool, and then keep that file as a back up, or in cloud.

The amount of times I deleted a role/permission by accident.

Backup and Restore function for perms/roles is a must.

3 Likes

If you have the b_virtualserver_snapshot_create and b_virtualserver_snapshot_deploy permissions, you can easily create and restore snapshots of your TeamSpeak

2 Likes

Whishlist:

• Video Call
  • App integration (such as Spotify/iTunes/Twitch etc)
  • What game am I playing? (Status viewer)
  • Integrate a TS server into rooms with a direct connect button to the server
5 Likes

The following points need to be integrated:

• Screen Sharing
  • Video Call
  • End to end encryption for the messaging system and the facility to reside entirely on a server
  • Webclient
  • API to make bots

A promotional system to get more free slots for the Free-Slots-Servers would be nice too =)

PS: Videocall and screen sharing is the reason because I use Discord. When these functions are integrated into Teamspeak, I will uninstall Discord. That will be a common reason for people to use Discord and not Teamspeak. And of course also because of the web client. Because it’s quick and easy to use.

7 Likes

I would be happy if the fitchas are all done

• Screen Sharing
  • Video Call
  • End to end encryption for the messaging system and the facility to reside entirely on a server
  • Webclient
  • API to make bots
    With best regards Alexey
4 Likes

Like a status page for TeamSpeak hosted servers and a easy way for admins to add their server(hosted by TeamSpeak, self hosted and hosting provider) to status pages like status.io, atlassian status page and instatus using something like Webhooks

3 Likes

Effective blocking without the possibility of bypassing the ban, a permanent ban can be bypassed without a problem (unless there is an effective way without being able to circumvent the ban that I don’t know about)

hello, I let you know what may be missing for me, and for other users.

1- customization of the channel icon.
2- addition of room icons
3-change of account name.
4-Unique ID and User tags masking.
5-List of servers
6-possibility to make a new favorite folder in the contacts tab
7- the activation of the whisper in ctrl + key is very good but it is deactivated as soon as you click elsewhere! it will have to remain activated as long as the reverse manipulation is not done again! and also create a whisper list with shortcuts and configured contacts.
which gives the possibility of speaking to several contacts in different channels thanks to different parameters …
8- the possibility of connecting on several tabs to the same server.
9- customization of channel parameters
** - rejoin**
** - subscribe**
** - display description**
** - change the channel**
** - remove**
** - Browse**
** - upload**
** - Download**
** - rename**

10 - the download manager :wink:

3 Likes

:+1:

I suggested in the past for TeamSpeak to implement a platform for voting for feature requests, much like how Discord has it. That way users can vote for their favorite feature and its easy for TeamSpeak staff to follow, will something like this be accomplished with what you’re doing/gathering everyone’s ideas?

Video Call with NDI support. ( SKype does it, but discord doesn’t support it ).
I use Skype for Video call and Teamspeak for voice. I saw that people requested this in discord forums and I think if we can have this in teamspeak first, that could help the community.

1 Like
  • Screen Sharing
  • Video Call
3 Likes

Free mobile app that allows you to share screen, chat, voice, etc …
I honestly think we should have our own cryptocurrency that could generate money for those who use it, I don’t know, bro, something like that, since cryptocurrencies are the future, we should adapt and get ahead.

The “pay to have” moment died, free servers with no limit on slots, and of course if the customer wants to, he pays to have something of his own, managed by him and then an annual paid plan would enter (values ​​according to the country, no being charged only in one currency), with the name and photo of the personalized server, and in this case (something more advanced) instead of you selling licenses to companies, you sell VPS yourself with the TSserver installed and configured for use, with backup included etc … (SOMETHING TO BE THOUGHT) Knowing that piracy gained strength in the TeamSpeak 3 era, the time has come to change, remove this system and implement something internally, of course that would bring more responsibility to you, but it is the price that pay.
Example…
Servers in each continent or region …
User wants server managed by himself, so choose the region and rent a low value VPS (Docker) per year, not abusive (it may be the value of the last paid discord plan, kkkkkk)

I use my own VPS, with a non-profit license.
With the new system I would have to link my ip in the new system or not too, whatever, as I said is just my thought.
But do you understand that we can change a whole concept and kill piracy at once? Who will want to rent a pirated Teamspeak server, can we have a free server?

Something that generates rewards for doing tasks, fractions of “TScoin” example …
Mining via cell phone only.
Something attractive that attracts the attention of users and provides money for those who actually use it.

When I talk about money, it is not a fixed salary, it is just a simple bonus for those who do tasks or mine on their cell phones, knowing that the “TScoin” currency, when launched to the world, can appreciate and we users who own “TScoin” can sell our coins and make money from it.

Add achievement system

the ability to use protocol links in channel descriptions such as steam:// and byond:// and i understand why you don’t want to use file://

Examples that do not include things specific to my servers

[size=+2][url=steam://install/377160]Install[/url] [url=steam://run/377160/]Play[/url] [url=steam://validate/377160/]Validate[/url] Fallout 4[/size]
[size=+1]Watch on [url=Twitch]Twitch[/url] [url=Steam Community :: Fallout 4]Steam[/url][/size]

[URL=]DNS2[/URL] - [URL=byond://178.63.108.137:7777]IP[/URL] - [URL=byond://golden.beestation13.com:7777]LRP[/URL]
[URL=]DNS2[/URL] - IP - [URL=byond://sage.beestation13.com:7878]MRP[/URL]

which we use to connect to or launch games and connect to servers i host or others servers.

I would also like to see the ability to incorporate iframes and embeds in channel descriptions
I have a 24 line html page for a few of my servers that generate a screenshot of the server operations live and display the image every few seconds that i would love to make as an iframe for some of the root channels of my games directory.
it would also be neat to embed a youtube or twitch livestream using for example, another page i have includes live streams and use the fallowing

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“YouTube” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen>

which without having to fetch the latest livestream link, instead grabs the livestream a channel is doing without having to update or change any code. silimarly twitch has a page for embedding a person’s stream over at Everything | Twitch Developers which shows a 20 line example page embedding someone’s twitch stream. i would like to be able to incorporate this into a channel’s description.

additionally i still use teamspeak 2 for a few flight sim groups and notice that teamspeak 5 is backwards compatible with 3, what would it take to make teamspeak 5 backwards compatible with a teamspeak 2 release candidate server the oldest being v2.0.r23.b19 Win32?

these are my top three wants, protocol links, ability to html a channel description including iframes and embeds and one client to rule them all.
i have more but i do not want to make a small novel.

one from my teamspeak server after linking them this post, wearable clients, apple watch, tizen (samsung galaxy watch), android wear.

4 Likes

Users should be able to create servers unlimited for free like Discord. Without doing this, TeamSpeak won’t be able to compete with discord.

1 Like

OK.

I think the Global Chat features of TS5 fill the persistent chat well, and hopefully with mobile release will had a way to reach staff of a server while they are not actively connected. Would be nice if

Screen share and video call would be really great.

At the moment the most effective ban system I’ve found is to only allow users with a myTSID to join the server. When you ban them that myTSID is banned as well as the user’s IP and maybe still the hardware hash. It gets more and more tedious since they need a new email for each myTS account. While they can make another I hope that on the TS community side they have measuring in place to prevent a user from making repeat duplicate myTS accounts.

Some people don’t like having to create that myTS account and linking it to join, but I have servers set that way.

3 Likes