TeamSpeak Development Status Update

I think federations are currently not active so the tschat-1 won’t be accessible from the outside Matrix network, as far as I understood. Crossing fingers that it will be anytime soon :slight_smile:

Yep that is what I have seen so far, that federation is not enabled yet. I am also hoping that it will be soon, and it shouldn’t be that far out.

I do not know what the TeamSpeak folks are using for their homeserver, whether it’s completely home grown, and so there is work required to implement it, or whether they’re using a popular homeserver implementation that is fully capable already, it just needs to be configured to publish its keys to matrix.org and it needs to be reachable by other homeservers looking to connect.

I could imagine in the future we will see Teamspeak server software with Matrix as the base for all chat functionality. If you don’t need voice and only text based chat you could as well install Synapse or anything else Matrix capable.

Or have the chat and voice functions split into two servers. The new REST API from Teamspeak server would be very interested for such cases. Basically have a Matrix server and use Teamspeak as a voice integration/bridge.

Flashing is on my todo list.
I completely agree with your argument, happened to me a couple of times as well when I was away, returned to my PC and missed messages from coworkers because the notifiaction only stays for a limited time (not sure, not specifiying a timeout so should be Windows default).

Personally I’d be ok with flashing only, that’s a) more prominent than an icon change and b) what I’m used to with other software, e.g. TS3 or Pidgin. But that’s details and can certainly be discussed. I’d suggest flashing first and then look at more possibile options later (or just stay with flashing only).

EDIT: Done, though Windows only for the moment

10 Likes

Hello, how did you get those good looking channel banners? :wink: I tried to manually slice the pic i want with photoshop but it just gets so stretched and bad looking :confused: I also tried to play with stretch and keep aspect ratio, but it just stays the same, thanks in advance

I made them myself (Long time ago)
You can find the psd source in my topic.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I hope i will be able to do that with my picture :wink:

Are there any plans for further beta invites? :grin:

They will open another Beta Wave soon, so keep an eye on their Social Media and Community Pages :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or the open beta can start, I want to add my friends at the new chat system :smiley:

1 Like

I dont think so, that a open beta can start, because they must be a lot of work to be done. :wink:

2 Likes

very pleased. omfg.

Does this mean there will be an open federation? Or is it already open? In the latter case you probably have to setup delegation, because by default homeservers are expected to listen on port 8448.

https://tschat-1.teamspeak.com/_matrix/federation/v1/version says that at least tschat-1 is running on synapse

Well then at least it’s a quick and easy thing for them to start publishing their homeserver’s keys on matrix.org, so other homeservers can pick them up. They also indeed have to set up delegation since Cloudflare will not be listening on port 8448.

I may be getting a little bit off-topic, but…

What do you mean by publishing? If you are referring to this, it’s afaik optional and you can use other servers:

Also see Server-Server API | Matrix Specification

Homeservers query for keys by either getting /_matrix/key/v2/server/{keyId} directly or by querying an intermediate notary server using a /_matrix/key/v2/query/{serverName}/{keyId} API.

My copy of synapse was throwing an error that it couldn’t find the key for tschat-1.teamspeak.com, but that makes sense they can directly fetch them from each other. Since it is not responsive on port 8448 though, my homeserver was unable to fetch the key directly, so thus the no key found error.

Alright! Well, months of waiting paid off. I believe something worthwhile came out of it! That’s fantastic, good job TeamSpeak you certainly kept true to you making TS all about privacy. I’ve used / hosted my own Matrix/Riot (now Element) before and loved it!

Although, you need to work on your communication skills :smiley:

3 Likes

thats a good question, at least i have the same issue with the channel banners it would be great to get information what size the channel banners must be since the new update ( strech and keep asr dosnt bring anything )

Other sizes won’t help.
This was conceived in the update, so the easiest way is to do less. Section with descriptions of servers and channels and that’s it)

So the new Channel banner isnt a thing anymore since we cant use it corretly like before … how frustrating