Teamspeak integration

Hey !
I think it will be good to add a integrations in games for teamspeak5 like when you play at CS:GO you can do an hotkey and it will open teamspeak like the steam overlay but for teamspeak, and then we can pin window to see it in game or have a notification of chat in the top right and see who is connected in the channel at the top left(like overwolf but whit out)
Thank’s

• Good Idea
  • Can be improved
  • Bad idea

0 voters

//edit
Add an OAuth system for communities which use teamspeak. In this way we can allow users to register on our websites using myteamspeak accounts

8 Likes

I think just a notification coming in game would be enough. We don’t want an entire channel to appear in the overlay as there can be way too many ppl sitting in one channel and it will just mess with the space.

Don’t just integrate teamspeak 5 with overlay but also add an OAuth system for communities which use teamspeak. In this way we can allow users to register on our websites using myteamspeak accounts. ez pz

6 Likes

i’ll second that!

1 Like

This is a very good idea

2 Likes

Any support via IPB would be great, some of the biggest games Offical Forums use IPB, which we’ve integrated with our TS but more support would allow us to do so much more.

1 Like

I think it’s possible to make it but I don’t know how the OAuth system can be used @Adam ?

I really don’t like overwolf because having a bulky overlay which can do way too many things on top of the game UI really isn’t a thing I enjoy having.

Also, as you mentioned there are already overlays like the steam one and every dreaded launcher adds their own overlay.

I would rather prefer games to bundle TeamSpeak add-ons so they can integrate TeamSpeak with the game UI rather than having yet another generic overlay floating around at some arbitrary position which at some point will get in the way or stop working.

I’ve yet to see someone do this in a satisfying manner, so I voted “bad idea” because I have my doubts that TeamSpeak will be the ones who build “the ultimate overlay”.

But I hope that I’m wrong for the people who like the idea.

3 Likes

I’ll find out and let you know.

3 Likes

Some updates ?