Teamspeak Videochat & Screenshare

Imagine how many millions of people they will get if they implemented remote desktop. All hailing from India and helps your grandmother refund her missclicked 50000euros…

I tried looking for it and I remember it being mentioned in the past, but I found nothing on it now

1 Like

Their Twitter says yes : https://twitter.com/teamspeak/status/1621516534966542336

1 Like

Good to see that they are working on Screensharing. I really dont enjoy it to switch everytime back to discord just for the feature

1 Like

Finally they confirmed that they are working on it. Good! Here are a few ideas for the screenshare/streaming functionality:

• Streaming not only in Full HD but also 1440p/2160p with at least 60 FPS and higher if supported by the monitor
  • Option to disable or enable stream audio for both the watcher locally and streamer globally
  • Option to control which application sounds should be audible through the stream
  • Option to control wether you stream a specific window, application, full screen, specific monitor or even a specific part of your screen that you can cut out like you can with snipping tool
  • Delay option like they already mentioned on twitter
  • Option to control who has permission to watch your stream
  • Option to control wether the user has to join the channel to watch or not
  • Indicator that shows how many users and who is currently watching your stream
  • Option to kick a user from your stream and prevent him from watching the session even though he has the global permission to watch your or any stream
  • Option to select which users are allowed to watch your current stream (in case you are not the server admin and cant change permissions on the server and you only want specific users to have access)
12 Likes

Has there been any progress since the last posts made in 2020/2021 for screensharing?

Just curious because I would love an alternative to discord that I can host my own service with screensharing, its the only thing keeping me from using TS as my main service

5 Likes

My group is using Discord but we are all waiting for Team Speak to implement screen sharing since we use it heavily. We also would happily pay for it extra if only we could get away from Discord because of it. Team Speak purists may not like it but then again don’t have to use it. But in this day and age it became another regular form of communication and many rely on it quite a lot. If it got implemented as an extra option you have to buy the purists can remain without this feature and those that want it can buy it - i know i would ! As long as it is at least equivalent in quality to Discord i would be happy …

1 Like

I feel ya, that is all I am waiting for as well!

At the start of the year TeamSpeak semi-officially confirmed screenshare will be coming this year.
Well, 2023 is coming to an end and there has been close to zero information regarding this topic. We can only hope it’s somewhere in the pipeline.

It’s not even a dealbreaker feature for me personally, but in pretty much every TeamSpeak vs [The other big VoIP solution] debate screenshare is brought up as the number one reason for people not use TS.

Let’s wait and see what 2024 has to offer. I wish everyone reading this a great New Year’s Eve.

9 Likes

immagine

Lack of updates (General public):
since this sentence of January 9, 2023, we have not received detailed updates on this new feature and in general no real news regarding the development of TS5. Hey wake up ?

doubts of a Linux user:
Being a Linux user, I think I can speak for the entire community by stating that there is no one more than us who would benefit from the release of a feature like this, given the millions of problems caused by Discord’s indifference to this operating system. The importance that this feature could have for my platform, together with the lack of communication regarding its development, leads me to worry about its actual functioning on all operating systems at launch (which should have been 2023?). As mentioned earlier, hey wake up ? I think the community deserves some clarification from the developers.

I apologize in advance for the poor English, :it:.

4 Likes

I have a self hosted TS, and a free Discord server. We all would use the TS for better voice quality, faster response times, privacy friendly, and more performant solution. Yet, we are all using the free crappy Discord server because it has the fundamental feature of a gaming communication platform: sharing your game / screen!

It’s been years since I first saw this feature requested, and it’s 100% why me and all my friends are still on Discord. Having this feature would mean moving to Teamspeak for good. Why can’t it be implemented…?

2 Likes

It would be really nice if there was just some communication about the screensharing. Maybe just how it planned to work, or what they are currently working on. Is there even beeing work done on screensharing?

Last ts update was 12-12-2023 so maybe the next update is a bigger one just beeing in the work for a while?

Would just be nice to finally get rid of discord.

Pls update us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ignorance is giving me pesimistic thoughts about future development. Im getting slowly feeling that team gave up with the project. I really hope that they will prove me wrong.

When there was timeline / topic for new features I was really optimistic about it.

I think community admins should give official answer, I think we deserve it. Everyone would understand situation, no matter whats going on.

TeamSpeak has mature users and I think we deserve a sneak peak about project.

3 Likes

That is not the case.

But TeamSpeak has always been aymore quiet company to the public. Like don’t teasing new features or release windows.

But to answer your question screen share is coming. Just nobody knows when so be surprised when it gets released.

9 Likes

So here is my opinion on the subject.
TeamSpeak has already announced on Twitter/X that it will be possible to share your screen in the course of this year.
I myself think that there should be a way to broadcast your screen and that video chat should also be possible. When I’m on the TS, I have to use Skype or GoogleMeet as a second tool whenever I want to show someone something. If TeamSpeak wants to keep up with the other options like Discord in this day and age, I think TeamSpeak must also offer this function, otherwise more and more users will switch to other apps or providers.

1 Like

hello, I am about to get a teamspeak server because discord takes up too many resources. I was just wondering if it was possible to stream your screen via teamspeck? Thank you for your reply

Not yet.

4 Likes

moved by moderator

I told you users ! When TeamSpeak add share screen ! Discord will be annihilated from the planet for sure !!

Some people know when this feature will be released ?

1 Like

The Very Second I see that teamspeak has a working screenshare, I will be very happy. I left Discord, because they Censor, and ban. I am ready to have my own server, where I make the rules. I just created my first server on teamspeak in probably 10 years? I did it using Ubuntu, and I am stoked to see what the Devs roll out.

1 Like

Are there any updates for Screensharing, are you working on it?

1 Like