Teamspeak Videochat & Screenshare

That will be a cool feature too for Online Schooling :wink:

Because Discord and the other Applications throttle if you didnā€™t pay for an Upgrade Paket.

2 Likes

Helloā€¦
I have the TS5 beta and wonder if ts5 will have share screen in the future?
And i also wonder how to change the channel icons on rooms?

This new ts5 looks very cool, and i like it muchā€¦

Best Regards
LesBear

There were many requests to import Screen sharing, maybe it will be in the Future, but nobody knows. What do you mean with change the channel icons on rooms? do you mean the TeamSpeak 5 Rooms? if yes at the moment there is no way to change the icon.

Take a Look here

Yes i mean that iconsā€¦ thanks for answerā€¦

Good afternoon, I would like to suggest some features for teampeak 5, sorry if there are translation errors. I work as a system administrator and I often have to work with users remotely, for this I have to use other software that often loses the image quality a lot, and the built-in RDP system requires opening ports. I would like to suggest the ability to screen sharing and separate remote desktop control with user permission. You can use something like RDP built into Windows for this. This will allow you to conveniently communicate and help the user at any time remotely. Why RDP? Most of all I liked it because of the good picture quality and a small delay. as far as i know microsoft has an api for it.
Thus, you can interest teampeak 5 not only for ordinary users, but also for a large number of companies. If there is a need, then I can offer a few more ideas, write it down in the comments. Thanks for attention.

6 Likes

Hi, hope youā€™re all doing okay.

I have a bunch of friends insisting on using Discord but i would much rather fully convert to Teamspeak where i belong. These days, screensharing windows and screens have helped so much. What are the chances the teamspeak team will implement this into the new teamspeak version?

I downloaded the TS Beta just now and it looks pretty good. Good work devs!

2 Likes

Screen Sharing has been suggested many times. Have a look at this list with the desired features of the community and co.

The implementation of the features is without guarantee.

2 Likes

As Teamspeak has lost a lot of its userbase over the recent years due to Discord it only makes sense to add features that make Teamspeak competitive again, in order to compete properly in this day in age you must have the ability to directly call Contacts and Screensharing capability. With this, I am sure Teamspeak will have no problem competing with Discord. A bonus would be adding the ability to call Groups/Rooms.

1 Like

Suggestion already exists

take a look at here:
I think Teamspeak 5 should have screenshare with groups or individual users, with audio included like a stream - TeamSpeak Client / Suggestions and Feedback - TeamSpeak

This is not Discord. You need to join a Server to talk to anyone.

Considering TS5 is building to have more direct contacts with DMs without needing to join a server, it only makes sense to continue working towards offering competitive features. Considering Discordā€™s original motto was ā€œDitch Skype and Teamspeakā€ it is within the same market. I see no reason to not offer direct calling to contacts and screensharing capabilities.

I know a good reason why TeamSpeak should not include calls:

Voice communication via TeamSpeak client is done via TeamSpeak servers.

Why implement calls when you can easily talk over a server? There is no maximum number of participants in the conversation and it will also be much easier to maintain.

3 Likes

Fair point, I feel as if it would be easier for the users to just communicate via the same DM as a contact, itā€™d also eliminate needing to join another server purely for talking to one contact. Having to make a private channel just to talk to one contact or getting that contact to join your server is just a lot of work. Though Teamspeak would have to provide the infrastructure in order to host those personal calls, which would cost money, I canā€™t make an informed opinion on if they have the budget to handle it as of course Teamspeaks finances arenā€™t made public. I still feel though at a minimum they need Screensharing Capabilities.

1 Like

I agree! I think these functions would be really useful, but I also believe that it is not in Team Speakā€™s idea to add it, because rightly it must remain a light and versatile program. But I can tell you that this system has already been developed by My Community, it has been tried by many, and I can tell you that it works really well, maybe even more than Discord. Come and try it! I thank everyone for reading.

Video and LINKS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrhHLhO9Zs&t=28s

i hope the new teamspeak 5 i can live stream like a discord :slight_smile:

I very much expect that the application will also be more successful than before

What do you mean by live streaming? As far as i know TeamSpeak 5 development has set screen sharing and video-chat as a priority feature for 2022.

Livestreaming? you mean probably screen sharing. There is already a topic existing for your suggestion
I think Teamspeak 5 should have screenshare with groups or individual users, with audio included like a stream - TeamSpeak Client / Suggestions and Feedback - TeamSpeak

Some new information about this feature? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard from a trusted source that the feature hasnā€™t started yet. First of all, the main features would be worked on. But if TeamSpeak brings such a video feature then certainly not like all other service providers, they will certainly revolutionize it.

Since TeamSpeak is not only intended for gaming, I hope that Remote Desktop will be implemented.

Well from my experience and my server friends experience:
Real-time screen sharing game provides loosing quality very much, somehow I believe that they are going to create 2 options:
Real time for like FPS games (Tarkov etc)
5-10s delay with much less quality losses (PoE and other actions games)

Also some changes in licences would do the job to move forward:
64 slots should be in really fair price for small communities (For people who want to be indepedent and still have to pay for good VPS).
And 64+ for bigger communites should have higher prices.

#Believe :slight_smile: