TS5 client permission error problem

Hello i have problem with ts5 users on my ts3 server. When client using ts5 client randomly has error “i_channel_needed_description_view_power” when he has all needed view power to see description on selected channel. On ts3 client this problem dont exist.
Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-30 232430

I have selected this channel and i see his description

And randomly gives me this error

It’s the server sending the error and the client only prints it. So not a client issue.

topic moved

Whatever the actually used identity has as permissions is reflected.
So user has no permissions to see the description.

Check his permissions with TS3

1 Like

• You showed your permissions but you must check that on a user who got the problem.
    Yours are fine i guess (picture doesn’t show the summary of permissions overview).

• 100% this user does not have enough description view power. Else this popup would not be there for him.

• No the client does not try to load a description as long user does not select the channel.

3 Likes

Just to add what could be the cause, maybe that “client” has added Client Permissions so the client can’t see the descriptions, you have to check that too.

What you could see in the mentioned summary of the permissions overview :dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

SERVER REGISTER GROUP

CHANNEL CLIENT GROUP

CHANNEL PERMISSIONS

edit:
On ts3 client i dont have this error

Any solution?

I really need help because my server is losing people because of this.

You still have not provided the permission overview you were asked for…
In the TS3 client, right click on a user that has this problem (supposedly doesn’t have permissions) and select PermissionsPermission Overview. In there filter for i_channel_description_view_power and see what the last value (under ALL) is. It should look something like this:

I think the screenshot might not show the entire truth if the client if not in the channel for which the problem occurs. But I don’t really have any ideas. :person_shrugging:
Maybe @SYOX can help here.

its on all channels

i have tested the whole thing, the following: when i click as a client on the channel shown above, i also get the error message. you should check that the group which the user has the authorization i_channel_needed_description_view_power, then you should compare the two values, if everything is the same you should check the group to see if they all have the authorizationimage (in the ts3 client I also get this error) it can happen in rare cases that the ts5 client automatically selects another channel, and by chance exactly this one, this happens for example when the channel is edited or someone enters or leaves the channel.

1 Like

I fixed this but i think its bug. When user dont have acces to view channel desc and this channel is edited all users who dont have access have this error. This only exist in TS5 client. @ TS.ChrisR