Hey everyone,
I’ve been working on my own fork of TS6 Manager for a while now and figured it was probably at the point where it was worth sharing properly.
It originally started because I was using TS6 Manager myself and wanted to fix a few issues and make some changes for my own setup. That has gradually turned into quite a bit more work, with ongoing fixes, security/reliability improvements, deployment changes and some extra features/QoL stuff.
GitHub:
Docs:
This is still very much based on the original TS6 Manager project by @clusterzx - I’m not trying to present it as a completely new project or replace the original. I’ve been treating my fork more as an independently maintained continuation with its own releases and direction.
Original project/thread for context:
What’s different in my fork?
There’s been quite a lot changed by this point, but some of the main things I’ve been focusing on are:
-
Tested support and setup guidance for TeamSpeak Server 6.0.0-beta13
-
Regular versioned releases rather than just tracking
main -
Prebuilt Docker images through GitHub Container Registry
-
Both normal split-container and all-in-one Docker deployments
-
A fair bit of security hardening around authentication, credentials, WebQuery connections, outbound requests and the media sidecar
-
Better handling of upgrades and existing databases
-
Connection setup/testing improvements to make getting WebQuery + SSH configured less painful
-
Quite a few music bot fixes, including playback/reconnect stability and memory usage
-
YouTube and Apple Music playlist importing
-
Stream playlists and improved music bot queue/command controls
-
IPTV/M3U support
-
Video streaming improvements
-
Improvements to the Channels, Clients and File Manager interfaces
-
Mobile-friendly UI improvements
-
Various smaller bug fixes and QoL changes I’ve run into while actually using it
I’ve also been going through useful fixes and ideas from other community forks where appropriate. Those contributions are credited in the repository rather than trying to make it look like everything originated in this fork.
Docker
If you just want to try it, prebuilt images are available from:
ghcr.io/uniskela/ts6-manager
There are separate backend/frontend/sidecar images as well as an all-in-one image.
The documentation goes through the setup, required environment variables, WebQuery configuration and upgrading:
The first launch also has a setup flow for creating your admin account as there aren’t any default admin credentials.
TeamSpeak 6 compatibility
At the moment I’m actively testing against TeamSpeak Server 6.0.0-beta13.
The docs include the current WebQuery configuration needed for beta13 and I’ll try to keep that updated as new server builds come out.
Feedback / bugs
If anyone ends up trying it, feedback is definitely welcome.
Issues can be reported here:
Especially interested in hearing about problems with different TS6 server setups, Docker environments, music bots or anything that works differently outside my own setup.
I’m still actively working on it, so there will probably continue to be changes as TeamSpeak 6 itself develops.
And of course, thanks to @clusterzx and everyone else who has contributed to the original project and the various community forks, there wouldn’t be anything for me to build on otherwise.