Unable to decrypt data

My Idientities too?

If they have been synchronized, yes. If you still have your identities stored locally, they usually remain.

To be on the safe side, you should export them and save them externally.

post moved by moderator

Hey,

Always when i start teamspeak it says, that i have to get my recovery key.

But when i go in settings and klick on it, it opens a window to type my passwort in it. After I did that it is not opening something to show the key (it is the right passwort, for sure).

I did reainstalled teamspeak and I deleted all my teamspeak folders on my hard disk. I deleted all teamspeak folders and did a reset for teamspeak, but it still is not showing any recovery key.

Do you maybe know this problem, and know how to fix that?

Thanks for your time, I hope you understood my englisch xD

It’s because you must enter the recovery key you should write down as the client did tell you.
You do not get a chance to see the current recovery key!

Please follow the guide on top in this thread.

5 Likes

I recently wanted to factory reset my computer, but I lost pretty much all data attached to my teamspeak account. Thankfully I had it on always logged in, but I was wondering if I fully reset my computer if it would still remember to have me logged in once I re-downloaded the application.

As far as I know, everything you sync via myTeamSpeak will stay in your account. For safety purposes, you can also export your most important data such as identities and store them externally. When you reset your computer, you should also keep your recovery key in a safe place. However, you must have your login data for your account prepared.

As long you know your myTS login Data and got your recovery ready (or still are logged in and can create a new one) your most important data like bookmark and identities get synced back.

The recovery is a must have in case you forgot your myTS password and have to reset it.
That’s why you do not get your data from myTS.

2 Likes

post moved by moderator

Ever since I updated my E-Mail for my Teamspeak Account a while ago i get the following error message every time i connect to any server:
<19:58:26> Der TeamSpeak Server konnte Ihre myTeamSpeak ID nicht validieren. Nicht alle myTeamSpeak Services sind verfĂŒgbar.
<19:58:26> Neu verbinden könnte das Problem lösen.

which translates to " The server couldnt validate your myteamspeak id. not all services are available. a restart could fix the problem"

furthermore i dont have acced to my identity thats bound to my account which leads to me not having the server rights i used to.

is there a way to fix this?

Did you get another error message in the client after you changed your email or is there a “!” in the bottom right corner?

Does this only happen on one server? Then possible causes would be:

• the server does not reach ts3services.teamspeak.com
  • the TCP port 443 is not open
  • the firewall blocks the connection
  • a TeamSpeak certificate is rejected by a transparent proxy with HTTPS support

there is a ! in the bottom right corner.
Two in fact, one i a square and another in a triangle.
the triangle one asks me to reconnect and then still appears, the square one asks for a recovery key (which i dont have anymore afaik)

i didnt get another error message after changing my email no.
and i were only able to reconnect to one server so far as i had the others synced with my teamspeak account
 which doesnt work.

I can connect to the adress you mentioned, the tcp port works too, i tried reconnecting after deactivating my firewall. and i have no idea how to check the last one

That’s what I thought.

That’ s bad, because the recovery key is really important. Since you don’t have it anymore, you have to create a new one. To do this, go to your TeamSpeak Settings -> myTeamSpeak -> Account Actions -> New Recovery Key. Make sure that you save your new recovery key. After you have created a new one, you can insert it at the “!”. The error should be fixed then.

tha worked for the error at least, thanks very much.
but it didnt sync my saved identity instead it downloaded a “Default” profile and set it as that, too.
Ive been using the “Standard” profile the last few days though and i find it weird, that my normal named identity wasnt synced now

moved by moderator

Hey,

Whenever I sign in on my TS3 client, I get the popup saying “Unable to decrypt data, please apply encryption backup key”

I had once reset my password, but apparently, there was a recovery key I was supposed to save that I did not.

And if I try to generate a new recovery key in my client and am prompted for my password, nothing happens. No popup with a new recovery key or anything.

What can I do to resolve this?

Please have a look at this Thread: Unable to decrypt data

Hello everybody,

I have a problem. Every time i try to log into a server i get a message saying that my myTeamSpeak ID is invalided that i should reconnect, but even when I reconnect it doesnt work and I even tried reinstalling the client.

Could someone help me with this issue?

If it’s only one server then server can not reach our services

2 Likes

What server are you trying to connect to?

Its a privat hosted server for GTA RP

It says that the Host has an error but its on multiple servers and it started
a couple of days ago so the fix on the site wont help me

So it’s your client causing this.
Read your client log please or post it.

1 Like