Why would most people use TeamSpeak 5 over Discord?

I think we have the same opinion on certain points, even if it comes across somewhat differently here.

However, it is so that many gamers are between 13 and 25 years old. Many are still studying or going to school in this time and don’t have much money. These users do not care about privacy and there is no great importance attached to it. This already starts with the mobile phones (but that’s a different topic).

The other part (the gamers who are working) also pay for the servers or are so rarely online that it is not worth to finance an own server and maybe they find Discord easier.

My opinion is that the conditions for an NPL (website, mail with TLD, etc) should become even stronger. BUT these users should be allowed to offer the servers publicly so that everyone can connect to them. At the moment it is even forbidden on NPL servers to give channels to guests if the guest does not belong to the community or to the clan. I just want to make sure that these things are relaxed. Then the few NPL owners will at least have a chance to run public servers…

3 Likes

It’s mute because the NPL wont be offered, only sponsorship.

3 Likes

Honestly, the privacy thing alone is enough of a reason for me. Better audio codecs & advanced permissions is kinda just icing on the cake.
Still sad that I missed the beta signup, and I really wish they’d just release a public version already so I can nuke Discord forever.

5 Likes

Well, let’s just wait and see. I hope that people will put more emphasis on data protection again and take a look at the technical aspect.

I really hope that TeamSpeak (5) is in some way an innovation for all gamers.

4 Likes

Try to keep things on topic, I don’t want all the threads being messy and convoluted. If you guys want to talk about sponsorship then you can make a sponsorship thread and have at it all day long :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Most people look at hidden ip option I guess like at discord. In teamspeak there is no way to hide ur ip adress. I mean it’s not bad that u can see someone ip if u are server owner. It’s really helpful for admins to recognize if someone uses vpn software.

2 Likes

discord is misery yet. Worst voice chat, as I call him homeless voip

5 Likes

Please excuse my naivete, but will TS5 still allow people just to have 32 slot servers without any changes?

2 Likes

Agreed, I’m waiting for a public beta test of TeamSpeak myself so that I can grab my active folks and enjoy some good chatting together. I’d gladly keep Discord as a mobile-only solution, their optimisation and privacy is not serious enough for a primary PC / desktop where lots of sensitive data might be stored or high-requirement games or software might be running.

In its current form all it needs is the stuff TeamSpeak3 had - and from that stuff to be precise I mean the permission system.

2 Likes

It’s already there.

The GUI is possibly still missing from the new client but the majority of the permissions system is handled on the server side.

You could even use a third party GUI to configure permissions via the query interface and drop good old TeamSpeak 3 right now.

So much for being “precise”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi,
first of all

because the main language in the forum is English.

Otherwise I can recommend TeamSpeak Features, where you will find some differences to Discord, etc.

Nevertheless I think you have created an interesting poll.

Hi Cornelius,
I will of course translate the survey into english, but I hadn’t had the time until then. Of course I can understand you so that it can be filled out for several people, I think so too.
I will complete it as soon as possible.

Also I want to thank you for the recommendation of the other category, but this post is a poll to show what the community says, because there are many inaccurate polls on the internet that only contain one question.

I hope I could help you ;)!

1 Like

Hey,
I’m happy to see that 10 people have already taken part in the survey, but that’s still not enough :frowning:

Therefore I ask you to send this link ==> ==> https://forms.gle/SwhSci2M8aztRpbi7 <== <== <== to all friends and acquaintances who also use or have used TS and/or Discord to make the survey even more accurate.

I thank you for every survey and I am looking forward to present the results soon, until then we have to get enough people together.

I thank you, and wish you a nice day!

For any problems, I am at your disposal as always!

2 Likes

for better support!

If privacy is really an issue - why would anyone go with a closed source software though? We can’t really be sure it’s secure if there’s no code audit.

On the other hand side it seems that privacy is a non issue to 99,9% of the people - otherwise mumble would have taken a much bigger share already.
It’s free, much easier to host, uses less resources and has a better rights management from my experience.

So I’m actually not sure if privacy will be the main selling point.

That said I do fear what OP said is true. I do host my own teamspeak server since ages and it’s less and less people willing to even join.
Plus if you wanna use mobile you have to buy the app which, let’s just say needs lots of improvement. I had issues with it on both iOS and Android.

On top of that I haven’t even gotten a beta invite since years now. Makes you wonder what the driving force will be to really turn around the fanbase if even long time users can’t really get into teamspeak anymore.

Honestly the ONLY reason where I see teamspeak as leading is that you can literally join the voice in multiple servers.
That to me is kinda a really cool feature if you’re a community hopper.
However, thanks to never getting a beta invite I’m not even sure if TS5 supports that…

No worries there, you can still do that and hang out on multiple servers like you used to (e.g. music on one server and talking on another server as well as listening to another conversation on another server).

1 Like

Simple TeamSpeak is and has been the best voip for the last decade you cant deny that. safety is the number one reason.

discord is only flavored currently has you have to have some what of a brain to use TeamSpeak and well the other one is a one click brainless wonder

Discord is collecting for data for big company like Google for exemple. And they make money out with Nitro membership with a animated profile, nitro boost. But Teamspeak, is teamspeak. Teamspeak is not collecting soo much data, they keep privacy more than possible. And they made money by paid hosting solutions. Like hosting from a MS Azure dedicated cloud services.

For Teamspeak is not easy for these workers. But they do all the possible to make thier products great again. Im not worried about the team behind Teamspeak, beacause a ton of communities like Gmod Servers for exemple, use Teamspeak for get contact with others players without the needs to get an account.

Teamspeak is not dead yet, beacause there still community severs was powered by the app.

Yeah i know there Guilded who was going to try kick Discord and TS out with gaming guild features. But Teamspeak still be chosen by Guilds and communities servers. And TS is a lightweight app great for gaming!

I don’t see how i can get any of my mates to switch from Discord back to TS if TS5 is coming out…in…15 years or so. The train is just gone. Even i with my own TS Server who disliked Discord in the beginning, is now active on 5-10 different discord Server. Why? Because it’s there with all the features TS3 does not have. And that for YEARS now. TS5 will come too late to play a major role on the market. And thats a shame but i understand why no one will swtich. And nothing will change here. TS had a great chance in this pandemic, to just get the ■■■■ together and finally go public with the TS5 Beta but they even failed here. IF TS5 ever will go public, no one will care anymore. TS5 is like Duke Nukem. In development for ever and if its finally there, its already outdated again. It’s a shame. I even do not know anymore when i first read something about TS5, it’s so long ago already, its crazy.

1 Like

there is currently no incentive to choose teamspeak as your main voip.
Switched with my community recently to discord and despite some hickups - its much more convenient.

1 Like