Wrong Flag on all Teamspeak Servers!

Hello i had yesterday an Russian Federation Flag like for 3 Months. Today i have an Ukrain Flag and i dont use an VPN-Programm. Can somebody help me?

1 Like

Hi

I feel your problem as well.
Take a look at this thread and try to support it, if you want to see further changes and updates.

We honestly need to wait.

Please send an E-Mail to [email protected] with your IPv4 address range and tell them to fix your location. You may need to send an traceroute too. I guess it’s germany, so give them some details.

Only this company can apply changes, and not we (as users).

But you may try to send an e-Mail; for an update basically.

2 Likes

Short version

You must ensure that ip2location knows the location for your IP and the server owner must update his server to latest version or wait for the next update

Long Version

We use an external service to resolve the country for users. This service needs a database, which is included in the server. Actually this is hardcoded and can not be replaced/updated from you.

We put the update of the country database into the server, when a new server was released.
So always use the latest server to ensure it’s the latest DB, before reporting here.

Here is the way to solve this problem for a future server release. If the latest server did not solve your problem.

1. Visit IP Address Geolocation Lookup Demo | IP2Location
  2. Enter your IP and check the result
  3. Send your update and location to [email protected] in case your country differs on the page.

Please don’t contact ip2location, when the page already shows the right country.

We grab and use their updates, when we release a new server version.
There is nothing more, that we or you can do here.

I Repeat.
You (the server host) must install the latest server.
Wait for a newer version when you use the latest server already to get a new country database.

The server weblist, will also be updated once per month. There is nothing you need to do here.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please remove IP2Location from your GEO location Database

Hi guys,
i’ve installed some music bots on my root server which is located in Frankfurt, Germany. My problem is, that the client somehow shows client location South Africa, which doesn’t make sense.

How can i fix that?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Okay, at ip2location it shows the right location and the teamspeak server version is 3.13.1, which is the newest.

Well yes, it’s the latest server version — which still doesn’t mean, that the “IP2LOCATION” database on the server is also the latest as well. It’s getting updated automatically on every server update release, but sadly not in live-time.

There is a way on 3.13.1 to manually switch or update the geolocation database — you may need to search into the forums for further informations.

Here's a little suggestion for @TeamSpeak

Please remove IP2Location from the coming server versions & weblist updates. Replace it to MaxMind or something else.

1 Like

Nope its not the newest. 3.13.2 is the newest

Updated the server to the newest version but problem still there :frowning:

Hello, my problem is that my country flag doesnt show up in any server, everyone else has a flag from where they from and for me its a white page.

I asked how they got their flag and most of my friends said they didnt do anything, it just shows up because of your ip, but for me it just doesnt work.

Screenshot_1

Screenshot_5

Looks more like your icon pack is broken when there is a broken icon shown.
Please try with default theme and icon pack.

2 Likes

I deleted/unninstaled everything ts related and when i tried again with no theme and still no flag, anything else i can do?

So you get no flag or the broken icon?
Your screenshot does not match your description.

If it is no flag then the server database does not have a country for your IP.

If the icon is broken then you have a broken icon pack or theme.

4 Likes

It just doesn’t show the flag, just a blank page (for me) and for others theres nothing there, not even the white page like in the screeshot.

I checked the https://www.ip2location.com/demo and shows everything just fine, i’m from Brazil and theres a lot of brazilians on the server, could it be related to my ip only?

I also removed any themes i had and reinstaled ts still not working.

Can you please make sure the server is running the latest version of software?

Looks like the problem is on my end, used vpn to check and had my flag show up normaly but when i go back to my ip it doesn’t show anything again.

Idk how to solve that sadly.

As @besttsserver9999 said make sure server is up to date.

3 Likes

From day to day my TS3 show me a wrong location. Im living in Germany and normally it should show the German Flag, but for some reason it show as example the Russian Flag. This happens nearly everyday and i dont know how to fix it since ip2location shows me the correct location while Teamspeak shows me the wrong.

Hi @xNekumi
Please have a look at this thread: Wrong Flag on all Teamspeak Servers!