Wrong Flag on all Teamspeak Servers!

That does not help me. I read this already.

As i said, every teamspeak server shows the wrong flag except the offical public teamspeak. And all of them use the same server version. 3.13.7. That means they all use the same db version for geolocation as it is included and hardcoded in a server.

So my question is, why is the official public teamspeak the only one that shows it correctly although they use the same server version as everyone else? Are they using a different database that no one else is using ?

They probably use the MaxMind DB as described here:

So since all servers currently use the ip2location DB by default the easiest option for you would still be to contact ip2location.

Here is the link to contact the ip2location Contact Us | IP2Location.io

Yeah, i thought about this too. But the issue is that when i enter my IP on ip2location.io they show Germany. But when i conntect to any teamspeak server it shows a france flag.

If the ip2locaftion database would be the issue it would show france on their website too right ? This is what makes it in my opinion so mysterious. If ip2location db is the issue, why would it show it correctly on their website when i enter my IP there but not when i conntect to a teamspeak server ?

Okay, nevermind. Altough ip2location.io shows the correct geolocation on their website, its wrong on any teamspeak server that uses this database. I tested it on my own server and used the free geolite2 database from maxmind and i finally get the correct flag.

That is very interesting but i still can not explain why it would show the correct location on their website ip2location.io but i get the wrong flag when i connect to a teamspeak server. That does not make any sense. I guess the iplookup on their website does not use the offline database and rather a online check. So the check on their website does not reflect the database entries at all. That is so weird.

There is no online check for the IP. I explained that in my reply to this topic.

2 Likes

moved by moderator

Hello,

Iā€™m having a big issue with the country flag on any server I connect to.
I am in Ukraine, but when I connect to any TeamSpeak server, it shows the flag of Russia, which is unacceptable both for me and for the people and companies I am on the server with.

Could you please clarify how to get rid of this problem and have the flag of Ukraine displayed?
I found information that it is because of ip2location detection problem. However, this is a lie. So please donā€™t send any link to the old topics regarding this, they are no more relevant.
In ip2location my IP address shows the correct country Ukraine. Also when I use VPN country flag changes to another one.

The problem also cannot be caused on the server side and their definition base, as I have the flag displayed incorrectly regardless of the server I connect to. And this problem is on both TS3 and TS5 clients.

I kindly ask to help me with this, because nowadays itā€™s realy important for users in Ukraine.

Thank you.