Wrong Flag on all Teamspeak Servers!

yes detected the country correctly!

Can you please read post 3 in this thread? It explains why your flag is wrong/not recognized.

2 Likes

Just as Iā€™ve mentioned it quite a year agoā€¦

1. Check your IP address under www.ip2location.com
  2. Contact the IP2Location support, when itā€™s wrong. ā€” E-Mail: [email protected]
  3. Wait until the next month or server update for the fresh database ā€” or you can also download the latest IP2LOC DB and use it for your server.

You can also use a IP address location database from another provider, e.g. MaxMind or anything else.

Have fun while suffering. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I WOULD REALLY YOU TO FIX THIS ASAP AS MY COUNTRY FLAG IS WRONG ON THE CURRENT SERVER I AM ON IT IS SHOWING THAT I AM FROM INDIA WHEN I LIVE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND I DO NOT USE A VPN OR ANYTHING. I AM AM ON 3.5.6 STABLE VERSION OF TS.

IT ONLY HAPPENS ON ONE SERVER THAT I HAVE TO GO ON

Attachment(s)

You may have a look at

1 Like

hello, my country flag says Iā€™m in Bulgaria, but I do live in the netherlands. How can I fix this?

Please take have a look into this Thread:

please read post 3 in this thread. It explains why your flag is wrong/not recognized.

#moved by moderator

Hi There,

what service does the TS3-Client use/ask to show the Countryflag of a user (via IPv4)?
grafik

I and my IP are located in Germany. Apparently my ISP uses some IPv4-Addresses which where located in Hong Kong before and some websites/services still show the wrong location (I noticed the wrong location at least 3 Months ago).

My ISP wants me to take care of the wrong location by myself, which I think is outrageous but on the other hand I need a usable Internet Connection. Bad enough they still provide IPv6 Support.

Can someone tell me which Service the TS3-Client uses so I can instruct my ISP who they have to contact?

Thx in advance

TS3 show me a wrong flag!
I have the latest version 3.5.6!
Live in Ukraine, shows the flag of russia!
I need to display my flag, it is very important for me. Why donā€™t you fix this problem??? It occurs to many!
ip2location shows me the correct location while Teamspeak shows me the wrong.

Why do I have to wait until you fix one problem for 2 years? Either remove the flags altogether or do something at last! Or tell me what to do so that there is exactly the flag of my country?

Please take a look at this Post:

1 Like

Why is this still a problem after 2 years?
I am from Germany (live in Hamburg and have always an IP from a german provider, no VPN or anything) and almost always get the Russian flag assigned.
All servers I am on are on the latest version. The ip2location site shows the correct data for my IP. Still I get the wrong flag assigned in Teamspeak.

In the past I never cared about the wrong flag, until Russia invaded the Ukraine. Now I get harassed on some servers because of the Russian flag on my account. Thanks for that Teamspeak.
This sucks.

moved by moderator. In a forum you may search before creating new topics.

I have been trying my best to contact someone who can help me fix my country flag.
My flag always showed that I was from the Netherlands, until all of a sudden it showed I was from israel, how do I fix this?

what do we do if that website does show the right location, but after months it still shows me as being from israel!

Please read this:

Then the options which is left is

2 Likes

moved by moderator. Please use forum search before creating new forum threads.

the flag of another country is displayed. how do i change it?
ts3 version 3.5.6

post moved

Iā€™ve noticed TeamSpeak is showing wrong location for some clients. I know it can take a while for the GeoIPs to update from RIPE etc, but does TeamSpeak have itā€™s own local copy that hasnā€™t been updated since the client update was last published back in Nov 2020 or is it querying a TeamSpeak API or external API?

I got clients that been showing wrong countries for months.

Running Teamspeak 3.5.6 (Windows) and TeamSpeak Server 3.13.7 (Linux)

@FingerlessGloves

Itā€™s the server having the database.

Please read

But we suggest to use a maxmind database. There wonā€™t be a TS3 server update in near future.
Please read the server_quickstart.md in serverā€™s doc folder.

3 Likes

Hello,

my country flag shows france on literally every teamspeak server. On my own and also on every public server i could find on the internet. The only server that shows the correct flag for germany is the official teamspeak server voice.teamspeak.com

Does anyone know why its wrong on every teamspeak server except this one ? That doesnt make any sense to me. The only difference i could find is that the official server uses version 3.13.7-experimental1 and all the other ones use 3.13.7 without that experimental1 tag. Could this be the reason or are they using a different database that no one else uses for their servers ?

Best regards