3.6.0 – Sound peaking problem

I get the feeling it will be declared as a feature in the next couple of weeks… why should they fix one of the most annoying bugs in teamspeaks history?

@TS Devs: get yourself together and fix this already! it’s kind of rediculous right now. How many “3.6.x” patches does it take? in which year can we expect this to be normal again?
I get the feeling that you just don’t care at all. Some emoji fixes or translation errors are just more important, right?

Still not fixed. It’s genuinely irritating to the ears.

Hello,

the update that broke the RP Soundboard plugin also broke TS audio quality. I believe it was version 3.6.0?

All audio enhancements are disabled, because they sound like trash if you have half a decent microphone. Automatic volume normalization is also disabled. We are all using the TS3 Client on Windows 10. Codec on the channels is opus voice quality 10. We had quality 4 at first but tried to mitigate this issue with the higher setting.

We are all using volume gate as voice activation mode. Pretty much at the start of voice activations sometimes the audio overdrives like crazy and create very unpleasant peaks. My friends can hear these artifacts as well. They didn’t notice it at first, but now they do as well.

Example 1
Example 2

We are very close to switch to discord. Discord doens’t have these issues…

I tried out the beta TS5 client, to fix it. This issue is also there. I don’t think its a server issue. I had these issues prior to the server updating the version. The artifacts are probably created by the TS3 client sending to the servers.

Not sure if I expect anything to improve here, but my hope is not dead.

I had almost forgotton about this issue because everyone on our server downgraded to 3.5.6 and we have a notice not to upgrade.

My friends mic was driving me insane yesterday and we couldn’t work out why, of course he accidentally upgraded to 3.6.1 :no_mouth:

Larger servers must be hell.

3 Likes

Don’t think they will be fixing this after all this time. The last reaction from TS is from July.
On the main site TS3 was moved to the archive and TS5 beta is now the normal client, which is a downgrade to the very good TS3 in every way.

A workaround you can try is uninstalling TS3, purging all teamspeak folders out of your profile folders (C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Teamspeak3" “C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client”) and reinstalling it clean. Maybe is a leftover from settings TS removed some time in the past, but never cleared out of the settings files/db, like automatic voice leveling for the mic.
But remember to export your identities and write down your favourites before doing that, as you can’t export them.
Somehow that seems to made it better on my server with Opus Voice on 10, but with lower quality than Opus Music, sadly.

If all else fails there are still other self hosted solutions that are not the privacy horror with D. :slight_smile:

When TS3 got updated to 3.6.0 they sort of ported the bug from TS5 to TS3.

If they manage to fix this bug they will probably also update TS3 since it annoys many people.

They addressed this issue in September when the latest update came out:

If there would be an update to this issue they would have responded here. I agree that they at least should update the community from time to time as it frustrates many people, but that has sadly always been this way.

2 Likes

Now if they would actually do something about it, that would be nice.

A workaround you can try is uninstalling TS3, purging all teamspeak folders out of your profile folders (C:\Users\AppData\Local\Teamspeak3" “C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client”) and reinstalling it clean. Maybe is a leftover from settings TS removed some time in the past, but never cleared out of the settings files/db, like automatic voice leveling for the mic.

I tried but that didn’t change anything.

But remember to export your identities and write down your favourites before doing that, as you can’t export them.

Its so sad that there is no simple export to file button like with the identity.

Somehow that seems to made it better on my server with Opus Voice on 10, but with lower quality than Opus Music, sadly.

If all else fails there are still other self hosted solutions that are not the privacy horror with D

I am lucky and had my 3.5.6 Setup file still. Installed the old version, no issues since…

Teamspeak Devs, just revert back to the old way… What is the Problem?

3 Likes

I agree, the change should be reversed until they can properly test it and make sure it all works.

4 Likes

i will not update my teamspeak 3.5.6 until this bug is fixed!
I can’t stand being in a channel for more than a minute with this bug because I get headaches…

The moment i decide that they won’t fix it (e.g. because of inactivity here / do nothing) i will uninstall teamspeak and probably never come back. It hurts so much to say that because I’ve always used teamspeak…

Any updates on this real very bad issue?

Well I have chatted a suggestion in a beta chat coz someone linked this forum post. But I will copy what I have send here.

This is something I see as a TeamSpeak DSP issue, since alternative’s DSP has became really advanced. I see the issue being in no level gate and very slow attack for downwards adjustment in its AGC. Compressor at infinite ratio at reasonable level just to keep the peaks under control will fix this, RMS-based variant or something would be even better to even attenuate clipping. As for infinitive boosting, that would require more sophisticated algorithm considering every setup is different, different noise levels, dynamic ranges and so on.

Ye I am experiencing this myself as well to this day as well.

This bug still seems to exist.

Ok so it is obviously not allowed to post critical stuff.
So all I can say is: yes, the issue still exists, even after almost a year. And I don’t think this will be fixed in the future. at least there’s no communication from the Dev-Team regarding this anymore.

I think it will be solved in the future, but the TeamSpeak team is more focused on the TeamSpeak 5 client and the TeamSpeak 3 is not a priority right now.

But as far as I know, this issue also concerns TS5, right? TS5 is also using the AGC feature.
and since LeonMarcelHD stated, that this issue was assumably “ported” from TS5 to TS3, I guess it is also bugged in TS5 right now.

I am still facing this issue on 3.6.2… makes teamspeak unusable for me.

The only Option would be to downgrade
your TeamSpeak client to an older version,
until the problem is resolved. :frowning:

we switched to discord and closed our server, since i don’t want to have old software without updates on my computer (since TS5 is not an option).
From my perspective Teamspeak had over 2 years to fix it (i posted a link to the my original blog here) so i am sure they will never fix it.

I am pretty sure we will not come back.

Goodbye guys

1 Like