Alpha Testing?

Heyy, im japko :heart:

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

• I am using TeamSpeak since about 2012-2013. I’ve also been in TS5 beta since the 1st day i think? Since i was one of the 100 people that won a giveaway to be amongst the first to experience TS5 :slight_smile:

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

• I mostly use the Windows version, but sometimes i use TS also on Linux. I also own and sometimes use the Android version.

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• Yes, i’ve had many server since 2013, right now i am running 2 servers, one of them is public and the other one i use with my friends.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

• I wouldnt say i know everything about TS, but I’d say like 4.5, since i’ve been using TS for so long

If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• I know almost everyone says the same thing, but the thing i miss the most is some kind of screen sharing and video calls. We have to use some other platform to show something to our friends or even co-workers.
  • Having the ability to create a text-channel on your server would be cool.
  • I also really loved the custom themes in TS3, would be nice to also have it the new version.

Whoever’s reading this, have a nice day!

1. 5 to 6 years
  2. Windows 10
  3. Server owner
  4. 4
  5. Screen sharing

Hello Teamspeak Staff and Community,

i would like to apply as an Alpha Tester.

1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

i cant realy tell wich version i startet, I startet using it probably befor 6-7 years.

2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows 10

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I am a Server Owner for over circa 3-4 years now, with active user and i myself use teamspeak every single day.
Befor that i was a technician and for every permission responsible in two diffrent Communitys.

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

4 high - i used to be technician on other communitys, i find it pretty cool and complex the permission system and i like to learn more about it.
With the possibility to change everything reminds me a bit of linux :slight_smile:.
But if you ment the code base, i only know that it is based on C++. So probably 1 or 2, i first need to learn a bit more about C++.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

I like how teamspeak is, and the new gui is pretty. I currently dont have any request for features.
Keep it up :slight_smile:

Who ever reads this, have a geat Day
Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

7 years

Debian sid and Windows 10

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
Server owner and active user

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
Screen sharing :smiley:

• Since 2016.

• Windows 10.

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

• Overall, I had a server on your platform, not public but private for a small circle of people

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

• 4-5, since I deal with arranging team speak 3 servers (I arrange permissions and channels)

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

• I wanted to suggest this on the forum, but here is my opportunity here.

So like this, since teamspeak 3 is used in several cases for a game called GTA San Andreas MultyPlayer (SAMP) and now since sampa has the ability to set up a leader and promoter so I have to get power from some admin so the leader can sets of leaders on teamspeak, I hope you understand me, there is no option to put that the leader of the leader can only set the leader (example I gave that permission)

• If it is not clear to you, I will try to explain it to you with a picture.

And one more thing to do that only a certain permission can enter the channel without raising the join power to I don’t even know which number.

• I’ll try to explain the same if necessary

This has your rival group, I don’t want to name it, maybe I’ll get banned, but it’s a useful thing for us who edit teamspeak 3 servers.

Since around 2014

Windows and linux(specifically, ubuntu, arch and manjaro) (but mainly windows)
Oh and for mobile, android, i own ts3 for it aswell

I am a server owner and an active user

(there’s a few :smiley: )

Honestly, first of all, video & screen sharing as its useful and most requested currently.

And probably try to improve the chatting possibilities in TS, meaning - easier chatting, more chat features etc. maybe just revamp the server-side chatting to get more “modern”?
(This is only pointed towards server-side chatting, not the matrix-based tschat as it will improve for sure)

Also custom emojis in both server-side chats and global tschat

And for ease in usage, for the ts5 client - “popup” server editing, so like getting new window while creating a channel etc. just like it is in ts3, and folders for server icons, because managing 100+ icons is a pain

I would also think about suggested features from this thread:
TeamSpeak Client - Checking in with everyone>
including features i suggested here in this comment: TeamSpeak Client - Checking in with everyone - #147 by Roki_100

because - there are a ton of cool ideas, and well - community matters the most

1 Like

Ongoing user since 2013, among the first TS5 Private Beta testers.

macOS, ArchLinux, Windows 10

Active user.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Implying that I can choose whatever I want I’ll take something that I’ve reported multiple times now which has been turned down with: “No priority as thats not a common usecase”.

Stability in channels with 100+ users so that TS5 doesn’t immediately crash anymore whenever a Gaming Server is holding community meetings during which multiple people chat or leave the channel once the meeting is over.

3 Likes

Hi

** Overall, how long have you been using TeamSpeak? (any version) **

TeamSpeak 2, TeamSpeak 3 and TeamSpeak 5

** What OS / OS are you currently using? **

Currently, I mainly use Windows.

** Are you currently a server owner **

Owner of an NPL licensed server.

** On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being poor and 5 being best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS? **

After all these years learning how to work with clients, permissions etc … the only thing I have never tried so far is to create SDK (4/5)

1 Like

Hey im be Interested.

Im working since the begining with Teamspeak 3 (Linux & Windows Based)
Im having a Server since 2009 (Public) / Linux Server. Current Version (3.13.3 on Linux)
Knowledge 5/5 I would say :wink: I love the permission system!

If you have more question feel free to DM me :smiley:

Best Regards,
DannyEF (RatexIndex)

1: I am not sure exactly, but it’s been at least 7 years.
2: I currently use Arch Linux, but could test on Windows also.
3: I am a server owner.
4: 4: I feel like I know most things about how to configure a server, and the little things TeamSpeak does, but not all. I was digging around the program files and noticed many things I have no idea about, and never seen them mentioned on the forums or anywhere else.
5: An option for TeamSpeak not to hog the audio to itself. I don’t know how to describe it or what the technical term is, but when TeamSpeak is open VLC and other media applications mute themselves by default. This only happens when I have TeamSpeak or TeamSpeak 3 opened.
Also the option for different clients to transmit at different audio qualities: We sometimes have a music bot within the room but if it’s set to the best, it even transmits some of my friend’s noise which is not audible when the codec is set to Opus Voice.

1 Like
    ~8 years on and off

Client: ArchLinux (EndeavourOS) and Windows 10 20H2
    Server: Ubuntu 20.04

Server owner and active user on it

Due to my IT background I know everything about hosting the server but only the basic stuff that being an admin requires about the internal TS-specifics like the intricate rights management configured in the client.

• Dark theme - big time!
  • I’d prefer if the TS client remains a native application and not some Electron web app with bad performance like MS Teams and the like.
2 Likes
  • Since 2012 TS3 and TS5 since 2020
  1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?
  • Android & Windows 10
  1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?
  • Server owner & active user.
  1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?
  • 4 Have my own server, all use advanced permissions.
  1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?
  • Screen sharing & video sharing. Because it’s nice to watch and show things together with people. TS5 plugins function ;D / Text Chanel where I can embed bots for information

Sience 2013 or 2014

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Im a active user

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

3 I think, im not the Best and not so Bad

4-5 years

Win10

server owner and active daily user

• screen sharing
  • better audio routing
  • scratchpad for game/map discussion in channel (maybe upload pic and then all can paint on it)
1 Like

I forgot that i sometimes use the IOS APP :slight_smile:

i like the scratchpad idea!

Hi,
I would love to test the new client.

I would say since about 10 years. Maybe even longer.
Windows 10
I am a server owner and user. I am hosting a server for gaming with my friends. It’s not a clan or something like that but just a server for old and new friends.
Maybe a 4. Not 100% sure what you need to know but I know my stuff about the basic settings that can be done via the UI (advanced permissions, channels, etc) and also know how to use API and Server Query, because I programmed my own little bot.
Cross platform support. A cooperation like Discord is doing right now with Sony would be awesome.

1 Like

I’ve been using TeamSpeak since version 3 and around mid 2013.

Windows, Ubuntu, Android.

Server owner and active user.

Between 4-5.

I would add screen sharing as sometimes there are moments when someone wants to share their screen and then we have to use an external program to do so.

1-15 years
2- Windows 10
3- server owner and active user
4- Experience Level 4
5- Web-Interface with Server-Viewer and administration portal.

Wow! This has gotten a lot of replies. Thanks everyone! (If only the sorting hat was real)

18 Likes