Alpha Testing?

Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

A little over 12 years.

What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows 10 Pro - 21H1
Android 8

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I am a very active user and server owner. I’m still using Teamspeak every day which is why i even have Teamspeak with an automatic connection to my server in the windows autostart.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Hard to say with TS5 beta, but its probably a solid 4.

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

As others mentioned before, I’d also like to see screen or especially application sharing with decent volume management implemented in the future, because we currently always have to switch to another third-party software which has a significant lack of customization options for this feature.

1. Ts2 first time then constant ts3 user.
  2. Win10
    3)Server owner,Admin in a big community (200+ Users)
  3. 5
  4. screen sharing/ tools to record and upload automatically into channel
  1. Overall, how long have you used TeamSpeak for? (any version)

Probably since 2014/2015 and TS5 since the end of 2020

1. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Actively Windows 10 but I have experience with Linux too

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Active user using TeamSpeak daily and co-owner of a small server

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Normally I would say 4 but since someone else is doing the group management at the moment I have to say 3 since I’m a bit rusty in it

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Integration with other software for example Twitch, where you could get a group assigned when the connected channel is live. Maybe a streamer mode which hides some critical information. Possibility to stream webcams since we need to switch to some other software I don’t want to mention here :sweat_smile: and I think in combination with that the possibility to share the screen to others within the channel.
Also since I’m already in the beta I would maybe add the possibility to have the private/channel chat on the bottom like in TeamSpeak 3.

Would be awesome if I could participate in the alpha!
Best regards

Hey everyone :wave:

Below is my application for the Alpha Testing program.

-> Meanwhile, I’ve been using TeamSpeak since the end of 2011. I started using TeamSpeak 2, then TeamSpeak 3 and now TeamSpeak (5) Beta.

-> Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 / iOS

-> -> Currently I have my own server, but due to maintenance it is only accessible for contributors, but I am actively involved on several servers.

-> Since I have constantly dealt with technical problems and situations over the years, I would rank my knowledge at a good 4. There is always something new to discover, which means that you always learn something new. I’m pretty sure that it’s almost impossible to know everything.

-> I would add something more or less new: In TeamSpeak 2, there was a web panel for server administration that you automatically had access to when you created the server. This was quite helpful for managing the server and you could then do without third party programs.

I hope you are enjoying my application and I look forward to receiving a response.

Kind Regards
Cornelius

3 Likes

3 years

Windows 10

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active
    user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Active user and server owner

1. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

1. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Don’t need to. Keep it minimal.

TS3 probably since 2016… not sure
TS5 since 03/2020 (possibly even longer since I had cracked version previously) :wink:

2. What OS/OS’s are you currently using?

Windows 10 (Both Home and Pro versions) Insider Preview (Beta channel) and Android

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

Active most of the time, owning non-licensed server on small VPS running Linux Ubuntu server (But I am planning to switch providers around maybe going to try some licensed hosts)

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Ima give it 4, the UI is more modern with more general features not relying on teamspeak server itself, but the issues I sometimes have are too annoying to deal with.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Well we all have seen this post so there is not much to say other than minor audio handling details I would like to see.

1 Like

Hey! I would be happy to participate in the beta testing.

Since around 2015.

Client: win10
Server: ubuntu server 20.04.2

3. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I am a server owner since 2018 and active user aswell on other servers.

4. On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

Around 4, because once I had some security problems with my server and had to use forum’s help to dig deep into the Server Query. I’ve also tried to code some plugins, but none of them are worth mentioning.

5. Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

Besides the screensharing, a webclient that is able to run on any kind of system that is using html5 would be nice aswell.

1 Like

Hey there,

I would love to be a part of the Alpha team

Since the start of Teamspeak 2 and ever since…

Currently using Windows 10 mainly, and also use Mac OS and Linux on a daily base.

Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

I own a lot of server, some a running Ubuntu, Debian and also Windows Server OS.

On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you score your technical knowledge on TS?

5, i am a IT-Guy and have nearly worked with Teamspeak (Client & Server) since Teamspeak 2, so that would be a 5 i think :slight_smile:

Optional question - If you could add something that doesn’t exist on TS currently, what would it be and why?

My personal most wanted feature is 2FA or even FIDO2 support. For more security these days.

2 Likes

Overall, how long have you been using TeamSpeak? (any version)
Since 2010
Windows 10 & IOS
Are you currently a server owner, active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mix of both?
Server owner & active user
On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS?
4 - Have my own server, use all advanced permissions.
Optional question - If you could add something that does not currently exist on TS, what would it be and why?
Screen sharing & video sharing, a simpler chat system and addons (like in TS3).

1 Like

I have been using Teamspeak since 2013 (Teamspeak 3 and now Teamspeak 5 beta)

I am using it on Windows 10 and Android

I am currently owner of two servers, and i am a really active preson

i would say 3, but i am still growing my knowlage

I rellay want to see screen/video sharing function in the future.

1 Like

Hi all TeamSpeak Users, Here are my answers to the questions and I hope to be one of the happier ones! :slight_smile:

I have been using TeamSpeak from 2013 - 2014 if I am not mistaken then it was version 3.0.8 but I am not sure.

Like most people on this planet, I use Windows 10 as my main operating system. I also have experience with Linux Ubuntu, Mint derivation and Android paid version.

Yes, the answer to all questions is yes. I own a server that I host on my own VPS running Linux Ubuntu. Unfortunately, even after trying a non-commercial version of the license, I still couldn’t get it. I hope one day it works out.

It depends on what technical skills are required for TeamSpeak. I dare say that I know the application itself very well. Whether it’s an advanced permissions system or a change of layout, installing plugins, etc. On a scale of my experience from 1-5, I would say 4.

I currently like the app as it is. It does not have unnecessarily overpaid UIs or features that the user does not need. I would accept the option of sharing a screen or possibly a webcam directly in the room, which would probably be the only feature I miss. Maybe I could increase the slots for servers that run without a license because 32 is not enough for a larger community.

Thanks to everyone who read my answers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh this sounds fun!

I have been using Teamspeak since 2015.

I use Windows 10! But also have IOS and Android devices!

I am a part-owner of a server and also a daily user of Teamspeak as we use it for work communication and gaming.

3, I would say I am well versed in setting up and running a Teamspeak Server but never fully messed around with the extensions.

Would be cool to have integrations into apps or software like Spotify listening parties where you can use a link to allow everyone in that channel to listen along.

1. 2007; I Started with Ts2. Since then I am using Ts3.

2. Windows 10 / Linux Server

3. I am a Server Owner for about 6 Yrs. Started with Ts on a virtual machine. Now I use a server which provided by gamed.de, after you canceled the NPL.

4. I would say its a 4. If u are a server owner you need to become familiar with the matter.

5. I would add an option for the server owner, to force a client to adjust his voice activation level.
    Because sometimes its hard to hear everything from people in your channel. Forcing them to use Push2Talk is sometimes a to hard intervention.

have a nice weekend and stay healthy

1 Like

I would like to become an alpha tester because of the following reasons.

First of all I havent really used TS yet, because I use Discord at the moment but i am really interessted in TS and I want to switch from Discord to TS once I get access to the TS5 client.

The OS I am currently using is Windows 10 Pro but i sometimes also use Kali Linux.

I am currently not an active user of TS, because I havent got access to the beta program of TS5 yet. But I am willing to become an active user if I get beta or even alpha access.

My technical knowledge on TS is not high maybe 2, but I am a prospective developer, thats why I think I would be able to widen my technical knowledge about TS quickly.

I dont know if this features already exists because as I already told i am not an active user of TS yet. But it would be nice if you could edit text files or “simple” file formats directly in TS while the file is uploaded.

Hi :smiley:

Since 3.0.3, so about 9 years now.
And for TeamSpeak 5 from march 2020r.

Windows 10, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat), Android.

1. Are you currently a server owner, an active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mixture of the prior?

256 slot server owner, but also an active user :wink:

4 - server admin with deep understanding of permissions, bots etc.

Server based screen sharing, it would be a good plus for TeamSpeak situation on market, for now I am forced to use external program along TeamSpeak for that.

hello teamspeak team i will be happy to join the alfa testers!!

1- I use Teamspeak to chat but mostly to play, it’s my favorite software ! and I use Teamspeak since Teamspeak 2
2- I use Windows 10 and linux Mint
3- I own my own server hosted on a Debian machine that I manage alone, and I also have knowledge of docker.
4- I have a technical knowledge of 5.
5- if I could change or add one thing to it, it would be an administration page with all the server parameters like in teamspeak 2 but directly accessible.
of Teamspeak 2 but directly accessible by the client a bit like in Teamspeak 3 all that is cruelly missing we are constantly obliged to go on the
We are constantly obliged to go on teamspeak3 for the server and channel settings! !!
and also the connection with my Teamspeak facilitates the connection it is for that that you should use this option to mask/block the research of the IP address! what would be a plus in the safety of the server which can avoid the attacks DDos

thank’s

1 Like

Overall, how long have you been using TeamSpeak? (any version)
Since 2018
Windows 10 / IOS
Are you currently a server owner, active user (but don’t run your own server), inactive, or a mix of both?
Server owner & active user
On a scale of 1-5 (1 being low and 5 being the best), how would you rate your technical knowledge of TS?
3 - Have my own server, use most advanced permissions.
Optional question - If you could add something that does not currently exist on TS, what would it be and why?
Everything is already mentioned here

I’ve been using teamspeak on-off for about half a year.

Windows 10

I am a mostly active user.

I would rate myself a 2.

Probably a bigger client, with better text features.

1. ts3, ~2014
  2. Windows 10 (+Android)
  3. Technically server owner, but the server is empty. I’m not very active.
  4. 3.5
  5. Open Beta :3

Hello

1. I am using Ts3 for 3 Yrs. actually I am not using it to play computergames.
    I use it to meet fellow students and talk to them about lecture material.

2. Only Windows 10 :slight_smile:

3. I am just an active user.

4. i think its a 1, sorry but i am just a normal user.

5. I would add an option to join a teamspeak by using a browser. so people can join TS without all the download stuff.

regards