How do I get a new recovery key? // My Badges are not shown in client

First of all, if you didn’t sync your identity the ranks and servers are lost (you need to sync them by dragging them into the sync area). Secondly, if you didn’t remember your recovery key you need to make an “Fallback”. Be aware that You can not get a new recovery without a Fallback and you will wipe your data!

How do I get a new recovery key? My Badges are not shown in client - TeamSpeak Client - TeamSpeak

1 Like

thanks for helping, i did a Fallback and have new Recovery Code. But can you expalin me how to do this: First of all, if you didn’t sync your identity the ranks and servers are lost (you need to sync them by dragging them into the sync area) . Maybe some screen if you can. Becouse i dont remeber if it was doing it or no. Also i had ID to my identify if its useful.

Sure, if you are heading over Tools → Identities

(drag it down)

btw in the options you can activate automatic sync :wink:

1 Like

Yea i had automatic sync every time but i dont have my identify :frowning:
I am 90% sure that my identify was sync so itk why i dont have this :confused:

That’s because you made a fallback with a new client and wiped all synced content from our services.
Your client had no data to push back online and so your synced data became empty.

2 Likes

okay thanks for answer

Hello, I just went to a new computer and now I wanted to install TS3 again but it says I need a recovery key but I dont have one and by going into options → myteamspeak → new recovery key nothing happens :frowning: . I hope somebody can help me with that problem.

Simple you cant.

Hello, I have a small problem with my account and my recovery key I clicked on “New recovery key” and I received nothing as a message telling me to hold your new key

Please read the full post you replied to.

1 Like

moved by moderator

Hello everyone,
I had to reset my password, because I forgot it. Now I don’t have the recovery key and I don’t know where I can get it. Everytime when I want to login, it asks because of the recovery key.
I hope you can do anything :smiley:
Best regards,
Oliver :smiley:

moved to right forum thread

I think I’m having the same problem, but I changed my password before seeing this topic, will I have any problems? :((

Client log

You did not change your password?
You made a password reset (it looks like).

You need the recovery key for your account.

Resting the password always overwrites encryption and requires you to enter a recovery key.

1 Like

Yes, actually, I did a reset operation because I forgot. I don’t have any rescue keys.

When you have no recovery key backed up (as you got told in client) then your synced items on our system are overwritten.

Only option is a fallback to delete online items and set a new encryption.
See post above.

• Untested
    What could work is when you change your password on website to the old one.
1 Like

I think the problem is solved because I did what is called a fallback.He gave me a txt file.

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

I am trying to get a new recovery key for my TS3. I type in my password, click ok, and a new key doesnt show anywhere.

How does one perform a ‘fallback’ cannot find any such command in Ts3.
It would be really great if there was a point by point - step be step - guide to tell you exactly how to go about getting a new recovery key. So far everything I have read presents a complicated way to go about things without any explanation as to what each step is.
All I want is this recovery key but it is not forthcoming!!! Simplicity is the greatest thing.

I have read and read comments in the forum. More I read more confusing it gets.
1/ I got a new computer
2/ I loaded Ts3 client.
3/ Cannot get it to work because is needs a recovery key
4/ NO recovery key was displayed on the monitor during any of the reinstalls I have now done on this new computer. I have uninstalled Ts3 and reinstalled it many times. NO recovery key is displayed at ay time
5/ Nowhere is there a switch called ‘fallback’- which I presume is another name for ‘rollback’.
6/ Many times I have selected ‘new recovery key’ any many times nothing happened.
7/ I have been in ‘my account’ in Ts3 and there is nothing I can find about ‘fallback’ new recovery key.

So, pray tell - step by step in the simplest form (dot format) - does one get an annoying recovery key???

If your old PC still has TS3 installed and has not been connected to the Internet after you got promoted to input your recovery key, the. Follow these steps.

If the old computer prompts you with the recovery key input as well, there is way to get your data restored, as you need that key to decrypt them. Then you need to do a fallback which is the methode called, that deletes all your data so you can use your account again.

And the recovery key has been displayed at the time you set up your myTS account. You also clicked a checkbox where you agreed that you have saved it somewhere.