We would like to announce that a beta version for upcoming server 3.13.0 is available.
There are a lot of changes and features in there, so we let the change log speak for itself this time.
We hope you like what we’ve included in this version.
Any feedback about this beta is welcome
## Server Release 3.13.0 TBD ### Important - Support for 32-bit builds of FreeBSD has been dropped. 64-bit FreeBSD is still supported. - The server_quickstart.txt file is now in Markdown format as server_quickstart.md. It has also been significantly updated. ### Fixed - Fixed slow startup after an SQLite schema migration - Better handling of invalid base64 snapshots - Fixed an issue with negative whisper power permission checks - Fixed possible memory leak under certain obscure conditions - Fixed query login groups being improperly cached in certain cases - Invalid password attempts should respect SERVERINSTANCE_SERVERQUERY_BAN_TIME ### Added - New support for PostgreSQL databases. Please read server_quickstart for more information. - New support for MMDB style GeoIP databases (again, see server_quickstart!) - Webquery supports access by server port : /byport/9987/clientinfo will send the command to the virtualserver at port 9987. - Added warning for cases of UDP socket failure - banclient can now accept multiple clientids - banclient, clientmove and clientkick accept the -continueonerror parameter to ignore errors - New optional parameter for clientlist '-location' - Advanced users: Added a new command line argument `logquerytiminginterval` for diagnostic logging of ServerQuery timing. - Advanced users: Added a new command line argument `querypoolsize` to allow you to specify the number of threads in the ServerQuery pool. ### Changed - Note: query_ip_whitelist has been renamed to query_ip_allowlist, and query_ip_blacklist is now query_ip_denylist. - Note: the old whitelist/blacklist names are still accepted. - Webquery errors will return a HTTP 4xx series status code. - Improved database performance for some query commands (notably serverlist) - permget returns 'invalid perm id' error if permid is 0, or convert error if negative - instanceedit no longer allows query groups for server template groups - serveredit should correctly update client idle time - Better validation of tokencustomsets when creating privilege keys - Various permlist commands now include the relevant id (client, etc) in the output for your convenience - MariaDB plugin should be a little more tolerant of broken connections - We now print a warning if you specify an unknown command line option
Bugfixes in beta.2
- Fixed the channel bugs where user could join the channel even when it was full and had no ignore max users OR when needed join power was higher then their own.
- Fixed that user with ignore channel password still got asked for the password.
- Fixed a crash in Server/Web Query.
Bug fixes and changes in beta.3
- Fixed another crash in Server/Web Query.
- Fixed wrong permission error when banning multiple clients in Server/Web Query and one user had
- Changed: Query bans now respect setting from property
- Updated change log and removed the confusing part about White/Blacklist and RAW query.
- Help files in ‘serverquerydocs’ got updated and give now small descriptions for parameters.
Known issues for latest beta (to be fixed in next beta or stable release):
- On Mac OS the server may not start. There is a workaround (which is to dirty to put that into public ) but we recommend to use Docker till the stable server is available.
Here you can Download the latest beta
Docker users can get the Beta with that command
docker build “https://github.com/TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images.git#:alpine” --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_CHECKSUM=0f43e59e80595aceedc5df8778847a637493a684c66dd76793ea5eee093ef277 --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_URL=https://files.teamspeak-services.com/pre_releases/server/3.13.0-beta.3/teamspeak3-server_linux_alpine-3.13.0-beta.3.tar.bz2 --tag teamspeak:3.13.0-beta.3