Server 3.13.0 [Beta]

Hey guys,

We would like to announce that a beta version for upcoming server 3.13.0 is available.

There are a lot of changes and features in there, so we let the change log speak for itself this time.
We hope you like what we’ve included in this version.

Any feedback about this beta is welcome :+1:

## Server Release 3.13.0 TBD

### Important
- Support for 32-bit builds of FreeBSD has been dropped. 64-bit FreeBSD is still supported.
- The server_quickstart.txt file is now in Markdown format as server_quickstart.md. It has also been significantly updated.

### Fixed
- Fixed slow startup after an SQLite schema migration
- Better handling of invalid base64 snapshots
- Fixed an issue with negative whisper power permission checks
- Fixed possible memory leak under certain obscure conditions
- Fixed query login groups being improperly cached in certain cases
- Invalid password attempts should respect SERVERINSTANCE_SERVERQUERY_BAN_TIME

### Added
- New support for PostgreSQL databases. Please read server_quickstart for more information.
- New support for MMDB style GeoIP databases (again, see server_quickstart!)
- Webquery supports access by server port : /byport/9987/clientinfo will send the command to the virtualserver at port 9987.
- Added warning for cases of UDP socket failure
- banclient can now accept multiple clientids
- banclient, clientmove and clientkick accept the -continueonerror parameter to ignore errors
- New optional parameter for clientlist '-location'
- Advanced users: Added a new command line argument `logquerytiminginterval` for diagnostic logging of ServerQuery timing.
- Advanced users: Added a new command line argument `querypoolsize` to allow you to specify the number of threads in the ServerQuery pool.

### Changed
- Note: query_ip_whitelist has been renamed to query_ip_allowlist, and query_ip_blacklist is now query_ip_denylist.
- Note: the old whitelist/blacklist names are still accepted.
- Webquery errors will return a HTTP 4xx series status code.
- Improved database performance for some query commands (notably serverlist)
- permget returns 'invalid perm id' error if permid is 0, or convert error if negative
- instanceedit no longer allows query groups for server template groups
- serveredit should correctly update client idle time
- Better validation of tokencustomsets when creating privilege keys
- Various permlist commands now include the relevant id (client, etc) in the output for your convenience
- MariaDB plugin should be a little more tolerant of broken connections
- We now print a warning if you specify an unknown command line option

Bugfixes in beta.2

• Fixed the channel bugs where user could join the channel even when it was full and had no ignore max users OR when needed join power was higher then their own.
  • Fixed that user with ignore channel password still got asked for the password.
  • Fixed a crash in Server/Web Query.

Bug fixes and changes in beta.3

• Fixed another crash in Server/Web Query.
  • Fixed wrong permission error when banning multiple clients in Server/Web Query and one user had b_client_ignore_bans set.
  • Changed: Query bans now respect setting from property serverinstance_serverquery_ban_time=
  • Updated change log and removed the confusing part about White/Blacklist and RAW query.
  • Help files in ‘serverquerydocs’ got updated and give now small descriptions for parameters.

Known issues for latest beta (to be fixed in next beta or stable release):

• On Mac OS the server may not start. There is a workaround (which is to dirty to put that into public :wink:) but we recommend to use Docker till the stable server is available.

Here you can Download the latest beta :slight_smile:

Docker users can get the Beta with that command

docker build “GitHub - TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images: docker build files for TeamSpeak servers” --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_CHECKSUM=0f43e59e80595aceedc5df8778847a637493a684c66dd76793ea5eee093ef277 --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_URL=https://files.teamspeak-services.com/pre_releases/server/3.13.0-beta.3/teamspeak3-server_linux_alpine-3.13.0-beta.3.tar.bz2 --tag teamspeak:3.13.0-beta.3

21 Likes

:fire:

1 Like

:smiling_imp:

Sorry to interrupt and sorry if someone will get angry with what I’ll say, but why is that

even a change?! Someone got angry with that, just like with master/slave devices back in the day? Or what?

Am I the only one who laughed when reading that?

Overall, nice update, but this one can make someone laugh.

8 Likes

What does this do? Can’t see anything in the documentation about this.

Another question (this is not mentioned in this changelog, but has come about in the past few weeks). Will the new Beta also address the exploit relating to initiating too many connections to servers which causes an overload and a drop of all clients? I don’t know the specifics but I have seen it in action on many servers in the past few days/weeks.

Overall, interesting update, can’t wait for this to go non-beta and for whats to come!

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Add a way to change passwords for own logins

Probably has to do something with BLM

Yeah, I know that’s the solely reason and it’s sad, literally sad, that companies need to do this stuff, so that no one would say ”Ay, these guys don’t support minorities! They’re bad!”.

What’s wrong with these two words? Nothing. These are just colors and because of that it’s ”bad” to use them.

And besides, not only black people are oppressed in this world and not only white ones are oppressors.

I know I can get banned for being politically incorrect, but screw this.

Regards.

4 Likes

Just updated my server to this and it seems permissions are buggy?

For example, ignore passwords on channels doesn’t seem to work at all, it is asking for a password.

Anyone confirm if they have any issues?

1 Like

Hello I confirm this bug (b_channel_join_ignore_password)

2 Likes

Kind of sad to read that.

Yes. But there was no server release since this was a bigger topic.

It shows a Geohash location of the user.

Good that you tell us about it :confused: Not that I’m aware of anything like that.

Where is that permission set on?

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

b_channel_join_ignore_password is set on 3 groups VIP, Server admin & Server Owner. All fail to work.

To clarify this was working without a problem before this beta release.

Cheers

1 Like

Hmm working fine here on multiple server groups
Can you please send me a permissions overview of such client? Please move him into the channel first and then make the overview.

I can reproduce this now. will forward this to our devs.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Add the ability to add Reg Exp into the banlist

Can you let me know the preferred way to send you the exported permissions overview txt file?

No longer needed. Updated my post.

2 Likes

So, if I understood well, this version (3.13.0) will come with WebQuery API enabled by default and in the next version (3.14.0) the old telnet ServerQuery will come disabled by default?

If yes, I have a good question: What about the memory leak from the moment the WebQuery API is enabled? I literally surrendered about transfer all my stuff fom the old telnet ServerQuery to the new WebQuery API cause this mentioned memory leak. Something like 1 week of uptime and 1GB of RAM gone.

Cheers

The mentioned memory leak(s) in the change log is what we did fix and what you had in the past.
With this beta or stable version 3.13.0 this should be fixed completely or ar least much better (in case we missed something).

Feedback is welcome here if you still have such issue with that version.

2 Likes

Yeah, Im trying to reproduce what happened in the past. If the memory leak stay in the next few days I will give here some feedback.

Cheers

If you like I can send you a private message with what I know. Its not a lot, but maybe I can get some details for you by the end of today.

Is a PM the way to go?

Thanks