[Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home

damn, was just about to answer this…

you will need static ip or ddns to try to static it some how tooo if ur dynamic ask isp about static ip for wan/ external ip IP

Does this IP address get the router from the provider ??

thats looks like lan address only so internal network only u need to open up ports on your router modem

Resolved now ive connected to his server and all works

Hello my friends cant join the server i did port forwarding internet is in public and did everything right but still does not let nobody join my server

See this Thread: [Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home - #5 by FakE

Ok so I set up a Ts3 free server on my old pc, first i sent my friends the ip but they couldnt connect. Then i forwarded the ports on my router, still didnt work. Next i made rules for the windows firewall to let connections in and out, that also didnt work. I need help I dont know what to do.

PS: I can connect with my new PC which is in the same network, but i also have to type in the ip from the server and not localhost.

And has anyone else outside your network even tried to connect?
Not all router have the ability that you can use your external IP to connect back to your own network.

You as the host machine always use your LAN or Local IP.
The external IP is for the external user connections

Which Ports have you opened? Please read.

It’s normal that other clients can not use localhost when the server is not running on their local environment.

5 Likes

Yes, two of my friends tried to connect from outside of my network. I opened the 10011, 30033 and 9987 Ports. And I am the only one, that can connect with the Ipv4 to my server. And I know that the localhost adress is only for the PC that the server is Running on. I also gave my friends the Ipv4 adress to connect to the server but that didnt work, that is my problem.

• Make sure your ISP allows UDP traffic.
    This is blocked in some regions especially for Voice software like us.

• Double check that you only opened UDP for the voice part.
    Some router have problems when both protocols (TCP & UDP) are opened in one rule.

Not sure then why you mentioned that part with localhost from other pc.

1 Like

Ok now Im lost, how do i make sure that my ISP allows UDP traffic, and what do you mean by double checking that i only opened udp for the voice part?
Btw. I noticed that you are from Berlin, would you like to continue in german?

• Open your router / firewall and check what setting is there for port 9987 or for the server in general.
  • Read the manual for your router / firewall.
  • Ask your ISP or try other applications where UDP is requiered.

• German is currently not part of this forum and i don’t think this would bring anything forward.
3 Likes

moved to right topic.

I setup a server and connected to it and it was successful the first time. Then I disconnected but now I can´t reconnect the same way. How can I connect again?

Depends on what has changed since the last time you did connect.
If nothing has changed you use the same way and address as the first time you did connect.

2 Likes

What would have changed if something changed and how can I see it?

Could be anything.

No server is running.
Server IP has changed.
Firewall started to act after first connection that was made.

3 Likes

So it can change unexpectedly without telling me the new IP?

It is not TeamSpeak.
It is the network where the server is running on.

2 Likes

So if something went wrong it´s something that happened in my computer where I installed the server because it still depends on my own hardware, is that right?

When I can´t connect it always works again after restarting the Ts3 client.