[Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home

There is only a text who stands: German: Hostname ‘EntenSindCool’ konnte nicht aufgelöst werden English: Hostname ‘EntenSindCool’ could not be resolved

This comes from the client! It means that this hostname can’t resolve the connected ip address. Have you tried to connect to the server with direct ip?

moved by moderator

I created a private server and followed the instructions, set the address of my device manually and opened the ports in my router. Despite this, I can only enter the server by entering 127.0.1 and not by entering my ip. I have tried everything but my skills are limited. Also in the past I have already made the server work, then I restored the pc. Any solution?

Please this.

1 Like

Hi guys I hosted my own teamspeak server but my friends can’t connect to my server.

So what did I do to resolve this problem.
.I opened ports UDP 9987,TCP 10011,TCP 30033
.I opened ports through windows firewall as well
.I also assigned a static ip for my computer

But still my friends couldn’t connect to my server.

Are you sure you send the right IP?
You may use websites like www.whatismyip.com , www.myip.com

moved by moderator

Hello! I have a PC in my room I use as a server, and host plenty of game servers for my friends and myself just fine, but teamspeak just seems to not work at all for me. I can join it off localhost, but when I try to connect from and external source (laptop hooked to a hotspot, canyouseeme website) it refuses to connect.

I have the following ports opened on my router
9987 (UDP)
10011 (TCP)
30033 (TCP)
And 9983 because I saw someone mention it on the forum, but it didn’t help.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Please expand and read this.

9983 is only needed when you changed the port.

1 Like

I actually read through this forum quite a bit lastnight. Wasn’t sure if I should’ve necro’d it with my issue.

Hi! i have had my teamspeak server for over 2 years now i had to reset my router and now i cant connect to the server outside my network i can connect to the server at home with ipv4, public ip and my domain but nothing outside, ports are open in firewall and router i have internet to the server and other ■■■■ on the server that works it’s just my teamspeak server don’t work outside lan could not connect to the ts server with the dns and public ip before i opened the ports in the router so i also know that the ports works

Maybe IP is wrong or TCP causes issues where only UDP should be or your router has no support for external conections made from own LAN Area.

Also pleas read

1 Like

I have recently tried to host a ts3 server on my own device. But nobody from a different network can join. I can join the server on my second PC when they are in the same network, but when i switch to my phone hotspot to test i can’t join (my frieds can’t join either and they are not on a phone hotspot). I am on windows 10. i have cheked the firewall and it should not be a problem. i am 99% sure i have the right ports open ( UDP 9986-9988, TCP 30032-30034, TCP 10010-10012). so i don’t really know what the problem might be as i can host an arma 3 server no problem from the same device.

Hey @CPT.Pablotheturtle,

Please take have a look at this Thread: [Solved] Hosting a TS3 Server at home

Hello there! I have no budget and i want to host my teamspeak 3 server for free. I know i can localhost but then my public IP will be shared and i don’t have the most powerfulll pc, anyone help?

Of course, you can host the server on your computer, but I would recommend that your server be only for your friends, as you said your IP will be public. Teamspeak server does not need very strong performance to host the server.

If you want your friends to connect to your localhost, you have to open some ports so they can connect.
Here you can see which ports you need to open:

So i will use the server for an “RTO” Upt o 30 people will join and can join, but i gotta run other things and can’t have my laptop open all the time that’s why i need hosting, but free server hosting would be better way better know any?

The free license is up to 32 slots. That’s right, for the server to work your PC/Laptop would have to be turned on. Unfortunately, I don’t know any host that offers a free service, but what I can recommend is that you can simply use some public servers for free.
IP: beta.voice.teamspeak.com
IP: community.voice.teamspeak.com

wait so if i sign the servername on the public ip I don’t need to local host it?

If you host the server from your computer, the IP for the connection would be your IP.

I downloaded ts3 server and created a server. I’ve forwarded all the ports that were needed. I’ve did that thing in the firewall with ts 3 server, but my friends still can’t join. I can join to it. I have a wired connection with my router (cat6).