TeamSpeak Client - Checking in with everyone

Via telnet client built in or as an actual interface?

I would think interface is the better option, but idk how possible it is

4 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback so far! Keep them coming :+1:

12 Likes

Something like a group mover to move multiple people or everyone with that specific server group at once

5 Likes

make extention support and better theme support then it ts3 to change the layout for example (and move the dang recent server events button to the right no one cares about the wisper button i have never seen one use the wisper feature)

4 Likes

This is not explicitly a new feature but I really miss how the old TS3 client always shown the server banner. On my server, the banner was always the place where we put the most important information and announcements. It was the way how we have organized events with the whole server even that most of the peoples on the server don’t know each other. Also with dynamically generated banners, we were able to do a lot of fun stuff that really helped to build a community around the server.

But in the new TS5 client, the server banner has seriously less space than before. It is not always visible unless you explicitly click on the server title. I was using TS5 for more than a year now and I can tell you that I don’t even remember what server banners are on some of the servers that I am connected to daily. Also, it happened countless times to me that someone was telling me about something and I don’t know about it, because I didn’t see it on the banner.

I think that banners are great for giving the server a “soul” and I would really like to see them more and maybe I would go a little further and say that it may not be banners but something new or different that could accomplish the same result better.

7 Likes

ARM Support would be nice, so I can run this on my Raspberry Pi 4.

7 Likes

I would think interface is the better option, but idk how possible it is

Add a toggle to switch AGC off! Annoying Feature, boosting my gain to the Moon.:rocket:

It already exists. Check “Settings” > “Audio”.

2 Likes

New badge system

• Add the ability to overwrite badges (to change them)
  • Add the ability to the server owner to decide how many badges a user can show (type 0-5)
  • Add the ability to share your badge with your friends
  • Add a notification when a new badge is released that redirects to the social network where it is published
  • Add the ability to see the largest badge in the selection when making a key combination such as shift+ left click

OTHERs

• Add an API for other programming languages such as Java (plugins)
  • Add the ability to share a server with your friend (like left click on the server with a new option [Share with…] and when you’re friend click on the shared server, ts add it to your server list or in another folder in server like: Server..[Server n])

Thank you so much :smiley:

In addition:

• Add the ability to show all badge name with shift+hover (Screenshot by Lightshot)
  • Add merch section in the client that redirect you to the store
5 Likes

Username ban (already in ts3 via ban)

1 Like

You can ban nicknames in TS5 the same as in TS3.
Click on the server name and the ban icon in the top right corner to get to the ban list.
There you click on New Ban and can enter the same parameters as in TS3.

2 Likes

oh thx, i did not saw that

All caught up :), I’ll leave this open for a few more days.

4 Likes

Ignoring pokes would be Great :smiley:

I have one more Feedback:
Can you add a “Block User Function” that you can ignore friend requests and Group- invites. We also need a block list to be able to unban users. (I don’t mean the already intigrated ignore function in the groups. I would like to have this function in the friends list)

If you don’t want to program the Block-User-Function, then can you please give more options for the group invitations. ( Accept / Reject / Ignore )

Streamers have a large friends list and they want to invite all users to their community group on Teamspeak. When users decline an invitation, they automatically reappear in the “Invite List”. If the streamer now gets some new friends, he loses track of who he has already invited. He will then just invite everyone who shows up in the invite list, because that is the easiest way. Users who have been invited twice and three times will be annoyed. With the “ignore function” you don’t have to delete your friend because of the inadvertent spam and you can continue to advertise your group.

7 Likes
  • No paid servers and no server slots limit (so effectively, rely on funds from elsewhere)? I like this idea but for money licensing it to enterprises or have the free servers have a limit but self hosting it to be at the hoster’s decision

I would like to have an option in Teamspeak that disallows saving messages. (Chat History) I would like to have the option that I can delete messages for myself and for others.

Keyword: Privacy :slight_smile:

1 Like

i would love to see:

1. higher audio bitrates than current ~96kbps
  2. official support for making music(and ofc chat, bots for many purposes in general) bots (so attaching ts client and doing other tricky stuff wont be needed)
  3. screen sharing
  4. video sharing
  5. saving chats server-side as an toggle per-channel (toggle just like “use as default channel”)
  6. custom emojis/icons on the chat
  7. colors & newlines for join modals so it looks the same on ts3 and ts5
  8. “embedding” links/images(from url)/videos(from url) on the chat, so for example sending https://teamspeak.com will embed the site metadata (just like youtube videos embed), platforms such as discord offer that and its cool
    for servers it could be a setting in server settings under something like “media proxy”
  9. loading images on the chat automatically and embedding video files in the client (loading them automatically aswell)
  10. “modern” public server listing
  11. more licensing options, maybe some new features such as upgrades/benefits for something to get more slots and help with imporving and growing the server? I feel like licenses are kinda overpriced in current state
    or maybe get more income sources to make licensing better or revamp the system in general?
  12. displaying in-game statuses
  13. “windowed” channel creating and permission editing (just like it is in ts3) as it is more comfortable for me, currently i hop on ts3 to tweak my server
  14. maybe text-dedicated channels that you can read from anywhere? (not groups)
  15. free mobile app
  16. browser client
  17. some sort of contacts system for users that are not logged in
  18. end to end encryption
  19. integration with services such as steam to add friends from teamspeak on steam faster
  20. “alternative functions” for users that are not logged in (to “replace exclusive” features for users that are logged in)
  21. recording voice, maybe also recording screen/video if streaming will be implemented
  22. display server banners on whole server just like on ts3 as i find it more “fancy”
  23. plugin SDK that supports more programming languages?
  24. minimize to tray
  25. keep myts and server avatars separated
  26. Make max. displayed icons a setting in the server, not client (under developer tab) so it can “improve” the “compatibility” with servers and its groups

I hope atleast some of those will be implemented :slight_smile:
And also sorry for some grammar mistakes but english is not my native language

10 Likes