TeamSpeak Community Translation

Hey all, back with another Announcement 🫡

We are thrilled to announce the launch of Community Translations, which allows all of you to directly contribute to making the TeamSpeak Client accessible to more people across all corners of the globe. With Community Translations, you can play an active role in breaking language barriers and ensuring that the TeamSpeak Client reaches a broader and more diverse audience.

Your contributions will help us bridge linguistic gaps and gives you the chance to leave a lasting mark on the Client, and we can’t wait to see how your unique perspectives and linguistic talents will enrich our platform.

🤔 How do I participate? 🤔
  1. Head over to Weblate (translate.tmspk.net) and create an account by pressing “Register new account”.

1. Come back to this thread and comment with your Weblate username and tell us what language(s) you would like to contribute. We recommend that you choose your native language to start with (if you are a native bilingual, that’s fine too).

After that, please give us some time to add you to your chosen language group on Weblate. This is a manual process that may take some time depending on the number of applications we receive.

✍️ How to start translating ✍️
  1. Go to Weblate (translate.tmspk.net)
  2. Click “Projects” → “Browse all projects”
  3. TeamSpeak 5 → “Languages”
  4. Choose your Language
  5. Under “Components” → Desktop Client
  6. “Overview” → under “Translation status” → hit the “Translate” button
  7. Translate the given prompt into your language and hit “Save and continue” (or skip if you’re unsure)
ℹ️ Things to note ℹ️
  1. The German :de: and English :us: translations of the TeamSpeak Client are actively maintained by our Staff Team and Alpha Testers, so they are not open for translation.

2. All registered users can suggest changes across the board, even if they are not part of the designated language team. Users of the language team may then decide whether to accept or reject suggestions.

3. We have also set up a Group Chat in the TeamSpeak Client that anyone is welcome to join and participate in active discussions surrounding the Client/Community Translations.

Invitation Link: https://tmspk.gg/OHKBKzgj
    Public Address: #community.translation:chat.teamspeak.com

4. You may notice that after you create your account on Weblate, you will receive an email with the subject “Activity on your account on Weblate”, which mentions that your password has been changed. This is not true and a false positive that you can simply ignore.

13 Likes

I want to contribute to Luxembourgish :luxembourg:.

Weblate Username: @SchafPlayzz

4 Likes

I still have the QT files for the ts3 European Portuguese translation I maintained back then, if someone wants to pick it up

I’ll try helping as much as I can in my spare time.

Translating to Polish :poland:

Weblate @bokkamareakadia

1 Like

I want to contribute to Luxembourgish :luxembourg:.

Weblate Username: @Willhelm

2 Likes

Please add Chinese, Japanese and Korean

1 Like

I want to contribute to France :fr:

Weblate Username: @Rikku

1 Like

I want to contribute to Hungary :hungary:.

Weblate Username: @Stefan92

2 Likes

I want to contribute to Serbia :serbia:

Weblate Username: @opZ1ca

1 Like

Do you think it would be possible to separate Spanish between Spanish Spain and Spanish Latin America? Or would that make it more difficult to translate in case the number of translators is lacking?

I want to contribute to Russia :ru:

Weblate Username: @MazAXaka

2 Likes

Added Chinese (Simplified), Japanese and Korean :+1:

4 Likes

How to become as designated language team?
I’d like to contribute to Chinese
Weblate Username: @edisonjwa

2 Likes

Can do Swedish :sweden:
Weblate @mrgling

1 Like

Can do Chinese :cn:
Weblate @leo12025

2 Likes

I want to contribute to Portuguese - Brazil :brazil:

Weblate: crashzk

I want to contribute to the Chinese language.
@Weblate Name:xierkz106

1 Like

I can do Finnish :finland:
Weblate @mikkosa

1 Like

I would like to contribute to the :tr: language. @Weblate @Red-Bull-06

2 Likes

Cosimo
Please edit your post and add the username as requested.

4 Likes