TeamSpeak Server Wishlist

Since the other wishlist thread seems to have garnered quite a lot of good ideas so far, we thought it would be useful–and interesting–to see if we created an additional wishlist thread. This one however is specifically for the TeamSpeak Server. So here it is, let us know what ideas you have; what suggestions, what new features, what changes to existing features, what upgrades, what you’d like to see introduced and what you’d like to see us work on for the TeamSpeak Server in the coming months and beyond.

The floor is yours.

7 Likes

Colored rank names for admins or in a tree to make it colored bolded red

4 Likes

Better Documentations :smiley:

2 Likes

Steam integration.

3 Likes

I suggest separating channel permissions from server ones. I mean if a channel group has the power to add 40 groups then it cannot add a server group that has the requirements to add 40.

2 Likes

This request is about splitting up member add power.

2 Likes

SSL Encryption for MariaDB Connections.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please Fix the Weblist (TS3)

How about replacing the i_group_show_name_in_tree permission with a power value.
If you have several groups, the group with the highest power will show the tag.

• with the value -1 you can of course always force a group to be displayed.
  • skip tag for overwriting channel groups and etc.
  • both names are displayed if 2 groups or more have the same value

So far you only have the choice between show the name or not.

i am also open to implement the idea differently. ̶I̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶d̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ I think it would be a useful function for teamspeak.

EDIT: the old permission can be used as position (before/behind) for the name

4 Likes

+1
Add a full description of what to expect as a return value and the documentation needs updating in some places. (servernotifyregister does not list all available events)

Oh and please bring back non-profit licenses in some way shape and form. It doesn’t need to be 1024 slots but maybe 100 slots across two virtual servers would be nice

1 Like

Hy,

It would be nice, if the server could check the update server, if there is a new version available and inform the administrators of this server (maybe there should be additional permission to see the update notification)

Best Regards, Daniel

3 Likes

When I right-click, there is no option to copy a group, just rename or delete.
Would it be possible to introduce the option to copy group?

In Teamspeak3, in the private chat or in the channel chat, by clicking on the Up Arrow “↑” the last message reappears, is it possible to introduce that system again? Something simple that helps a lot. You could introduce these features again to TS5.

Question: Have you considered using the Telegram API?
I mean private chat, groups etc … Something more advanced.

2 Likes

Why not add Bots and API for Teamspeak 5?

1 Like

Please add more Event triggers to the Server Query system.

For example:

• Group added to user.
  • Group was removed from user.
  • User was unbanned by a user.
  • User was banned.
1 Like

Channel access based on Server Groups.
With a couple hundred members, it’s a pain to manage servergroups and channelgroups on new or leaving members.

I use a django application that manages TS access / servergroups based on a users SSO credentials. Writing a custom script / database table additionally to handle a users server groups, and channel groups of a hundred individual channels is a bit out of my scope of time and enthusiasm.

1 Like

I would also like to share my wishes with you. Parts of my suggestions require changes in the server to implement my wish in upcoming clients.

- file transfer via web query
I want to use the new http web query to generate a server viewer but I can’t download icons and channel banners - filetransfer is not implenetrated. I am forced to use the old query.

- option to hide channel name in TS5
I would like to hide the channel name in TS5 when the channel banner is loaded. The channel name becomes redundant with my channel banner:

t36wtmF2OC

And no, an invisible spacer is not a solution because a spacer is smaller and channel banners do not work in TS3 therefore the name must be displayed there.

I thought of something like this:

0VsTvRfiNq

It is only a suggestion. I would be happy about it. Once the option is there, then surely others will use it.

- higher bitrate with Opus Music
I think I don’t need to list reasons. It is high time…

- voice packages via tcp
I see better ways to protect the server… and maybe a web client?

6 Likes

I agree with you 100% all of this. Nice Suggestion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

may have been said before make it so that server groups are done by name instead of using a number that anything higher then that number can add to a group. such as you have a black ops group but if you only want it to be able to join a certain channel and only them then the permission has to be higher then any other group. but if you can do things just by name of the group then you can assign channels to groups and such. I am sure probably doing this with the new ts but would be nice change for the ts3 server as well.

Possibly to create community servers for free but with TS5 Ads built-in to fill the server cost? Just buy membership to get rid of TS5 Ads for exemple.

I know if Teamspeak do the same concept to Discord or Guilded servers system, that may cost a ton of money for TS soo just make another way to make money to keep servers online.