What is the status for next beta client?

Why do you think Discord is a “Evil Company” ?

Simple… they sell your data, way harder than many other companies as far I know. But it seems that nobody cares for “real” privacy anymore.

4 Likes

And TeamSpeak doesn’t collect any Informations of you?

There is a difference between “any information” so you can connect and use and all data so they can profile you and sell you.

Teamspeak 5 is DEAD ?

Since the start of (COVID-19) no more new updates is that normal ? :pensive:

I wouldn’t call it ‘DEAD’ now, but yes, it’s been a while since there was an update. Well, it’s normal in the sense that COVID-19 slows everything down, since the effects were still unforeseeable. Whether it is related to COVID-19, I don’t know.

However, I think the topic already exists; see there:

3 Likes

They’re still working on it. 3 months and 1 week since the last update.

Chris R, I see you. Merging topics. lurking in the shadows. <3

Just to keep the forum clean. :slight_smile:

But I’m pretty sure that they’re working in background once more.
Never think that they leave us alone… it’s just another “waiting” season, as you see… :timer_clock:

2 Likes

I think we should just wait for them announcing something new. They said there is a reason for it which can‘t be told to the Community yet.

1 Like

:thinking:

Honestly I stopped coming to TS forum after I realized ranting on the boards do not shake a company like this.

If this ranting was going on in my community boards I would definitely wake up and do something for the community.

You introduced sponsorship licenses, wow congrats, you could have just introduced cheaper licenses in the process for individual communities. That way all shall prosper.

If the new CEO is willing to change some things instead of receiving free pay checks every month I request you to please update your client and get it out of closed beta.

It will be sad to see any medium/large community leaving TS and shifting to Discord. As far as I know @TrunkzJr community was one of the best in USA and it would be sad to see them leave.

All I have to say is whatever they do release next they have to ask themselves a very good question - - - was it worth it?

Soon ™ = Many Months Later | SpongeBob Time Card #14 - YouTube

Them saying their working on it = 6 Months Later... | SpongeBob Time Card #37 - YouTube

I’d speculate that at this point it looks like from the outside something is going on internally imho.

1 Like

That could be a reason.

With a change of managing director, I think things could be changing. I wont speculate much into it on here, but I have my suspicions.

It is not that i don‘t agree with you, but at my opinion we should just wait for them to publish a new update. I will stay at teamspeak because I love playing with nice audio quality and low cpu usage.

I’ve heard from TeamSpeak today, not much to say other than they’re still working from home and the sponsorship license is now available to those who have a sponsorship.

Hey…

…it’s been a while, did you fall asleep?

…Sorry to wake you but…

…here’s a thing about communication, generally informing your userbase and actually replying to topics that may or may not be of relevance.

Communication

1. You’ve gone this far, you are a beloved company that, even in this demographic and stage gets continuous users. If you are trying to push out a new product - this being TS5 - you kinda need to give feedback on bugreports, upcoming things and give people a heads up. No, roadmap forum is NOT a thing. Git? Come on, we know you use that anyway. Might aswell switch it on for beta users.

2. Don’t try to be Niantic you’re not alone in the VOiP game.

3. Talk to your community of hardcore users. People that are on Teamspeak 24/7. Ya know we might be of help if you need it.

4. Stop this corporate american style bullshit. Ever since you’ve moved your sales to some random company you can’t communicate well.

Sorry for the german:

Kommt ma runter, und zurueck zu dem was ihr mal wart. Wuerden sich echt viele drueber freuen und drauf stolz sein.

Get off your high horse, get back to what you were. Lot’s of people would really appreciate that.

• Zumal gruesse ich nebensaechlich unsern werten enlightened hier.

- Also greetings to our friendly neighborhood enlightened player :wink:

Edith sagt: Hey you said something. Welcome back. It is now September 2020. Maybe you want to add more?

*Disclaimer: this post may be updated along the way.

2 Likes

Yes… sounds pretty interesting… I guess… okay.

Any new informations? Currently not sure about quite everything.